Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Diagnostic tool. cheap and reliable

Omar LC5 120

Country Flag
uk
So now that I want to get my hands dirty and want to do some work on the LC myself. I want to get my hands on a diagnostic scanner.

Which is the best one anyone has used. Or would recommend.
I've read and heard that cheap ones can mess up the ECU etc.
And Bluetooth or WiFi ones have apps that need subscriptions or paying to update etc.

None of the cheap ones will work on a LC5... They are not compatible... I think Techstream, But someone im sure will be along to help

Unfortunately they are not OBDII compliant and therefor the usual WiFi or Bluetooth OBDII scanners will not work. Apart from spending a fortune I’d say the best bet is something like this TIS connector / software

I’ve got one of these and a dedicated cheap old laptop I use just for car diagnostics (also got OBDII software installed for friends vehicles). Also use one of these Car laptop supply [external site] so can use remotely from any mains connection.

It’s more of a pain than if they were OBDII compliant but still allows for viewing of the main data, checking and resetting error codes, etc.

Unfortunately they are not OBDII compliant and therefor the usual WiFi or Bluetooth OBDII scanners will not work. Apart from spending a fortune I’d say the best bet is something like this TIS connector / software

I’ve got one of these and a dedicated cheap old laptop I use just for car diagnostics (also got OBDII software installed for friends vehicles). Also use one of these Car laptop supply [external site] so can use remotely from any mains connection.

It’s more of a pain than if they were OBDII compliant but still allows for viewing of the main data, checking and resetting error codes, etc.
It depends on the age of the 120s my 09 works OK with cheap OBDII plug in scanners . so it looks like at least the 173bhp version from 2006 on will work with OBDII scanners .

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a TIS techstream. That should work on my car? 2003

After giving myself a headache after a few days of constant reviews and looking up lol.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back