Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Diff and tie rod protector for kzj70

jacob757

Country Flag
england
Hello!

I was just wandering if anyone could share some pictures of underbody protectors/bumpers/rock sliders they might have made or have installed? Thanks!

IMG_0113.jpeg

IMG_0486.jpeg

IMG_0610.jpeg

IMG_0531.jpeg

@Gr8Yota Thank you very much for those pictures! Really helpful. The front bumper is exactly the style I'd be after, did you make it? Any issues with UK legislation?

Also can you recall how your rock sliders were mounted to the vehicle? I was considering making some large U brackets that slide over the chassis rails from the underneath and then two bolts over the top.

A friend made all my stuff for me. The sliders were welded to the chassis if I recall right. No issues with anything on MoT/ insurance etc.

Ah very good! My only hesitation with welding them on is for access to repairing sills in the future, which I can see happening...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
@malteser That looks brilliant! Having the brackets out of two peices with slotted holes also appeals. Also good idea for avoiding the exhaust.

Did you make your bumper as well?

I've just got a set of Open Countrys for mine, although only 31/10.5/R15, looks like yours is lifted so I guess slightly bigger tyres?

@malteser That looks brilliant! Having the brackets out of two peices with slotted holes also appeals. Also good idea for avoiding the exhaust.

Did you make your bumper as well?

I've just got a set of Open Countrys for mine, although only 31/10.5/R15, looks like yours is lifted so I guess slightly bigger tyres?

Thanks! Yep, fabricated everything myself.

Correct, it's lifted about 2.5" and tyre size is 33x12.5R15.

Back