Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Door Mounted spare wheel..

fatboynotsothin

Has anybody looked into remounting the spare wheel from the rear door to under floor ? is it even possible ?

I think most on here wish for the opposite as they run into issues when fitting bigger tyres and find the spare won't fit underneath , there's also clearance issues when off road to consider . Please note I'm speaking in general terms not specific to the 120 .

Yes as Shayne says forget it if you go off road....

I think your pretty much stuck with which ever you buy. The rear doors are different. So you could possibly put the spare on the underside ( I'm guessing the mounting points will be there) but then your left with an odd looking back door!

I personally went for rear mounted for the reasons the other guys have given plus I prefer the look [emoji6]

Folk have moved the spare from underneath to the rear door, which meant the door had to be replaced. You should be able to find the doors on ebay, the wiring is a bit tricky as typically they just cut the harnesses off. Also you would need to find the winding mechanism etc.

If you've got a maroon (red) LC I'd happily swap doors and winding gear; mine is underslung and I'd prefer it on the back door :D

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Under slung can be a PITA offroad, especially if the going is soft, ergo muddy as fcuk!

Because I like fat tyres, the underslung 305 spare used to bottom out too, as well as being a tight fit getting a 33" in under there. It's a mucky place to keep a spare too, the rims degrade whether using steels or alloys, it's just not a good idea IMO.

Back