Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Door Window rubber channels swap?

Gregh

Hi everyone,

A long while ago I purchased a set of door window rubbers channel replacements through the forum
When I set about doing the work I found to my horror that I was duped and I got two sets of offside parts, (someone was having a clear out I assume!)
The windows on my 80 are awful now when things are wet so I would like to do the work and need to obtain the nearside front and rear channels to do this
Wondering on the off-chance if anyone has a set of nearside front and rear channels they would like to swap for the offside front and rear?

Cheers
Greg

are you sure they are wrong?

have you got four different part numbers?

Hi chapel gate
I was late replying as I was trying to find the picture attachment button!
Anyway, my previous post details the numbers and descriptions and I am pretty sure by looking at them that they are all right hand side

Cheers
Greg

Hi chapel gate

Copy of my reply
Hi Shayne
I got mine through a forum member that I think had a contact in Europe, (I think maybe a German Toyota dealer)
It was many years ago, and I sat on the parts for over 4 years before first going to fit them
However I have got two right hand drivers and two right hand passengers and if you have all the left hand ones I wonder if this could have been the situation!

The actual rubbers all look correct for the right hand side front and rear windows but I got some strange part numbers
I was searching for a way to post a picture of the part numbers but cannot find a way to insert on this forum

I received:

2 x 68141-60010 RUN, FR DOOR GLASS
1 x 68152-60011 RUN, RR DOOR GLASS
1 x 68142-60011 RUN, RR DOOR GLASS

Cheers
Greg

Found a button so picture attached

Attachments

• IMG_20211018_192159.jpg
    IMG_20211018_192159.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 33
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There's four different part numbers. Front LH/RH and Rear LH/RH. That's right isn't it? :think:

Hi Gregh

I replied in pm because i'm not yet sure what i have ? but i remember thinking after fitting the drivers door rubber that i appeared to have a pair of identical rubber .

I bought a full set but i never got around to doing the rest so i will dig them out tomorrow and have a look providing its not pissing down again .

Hi Shayne

As far as I can see, (only by looking and measuring), there is only approx. 75mm difference between the front and back channels of the rear windows.
I was tempted to see if it makes much difference and put the rear nearside one in back to front.
The fronts are obviously completely different so there is no way they will work for nearside
It would be fantastic if we had two complete sets between us
I Look forward to hearing from you

Regards
Greg

forget the FR,FR,RR,RR.

go off the part numbers. what you have is correct.

Hi Chaps,

I did not want to open the packing so that I could swap or sell them but having unpacked them I can see that you are correct and they are "handed" correctly
It was the FR & RR on all of them that made me wrongly assume they were all for the right hand
Thank you all so much for your help and good advice

I tried to get part numbers a few years back when I first noticed what I then thought was a problem, and a couple of weeks ago, but despite searching around the net it seems hard to find any part number information for the 80 series. Is there any resource for part numbers for the 80 series?

Regards
Greg

Megazip is great for part numbers - parts too if you can't source locally

Hi Chaps,

I did not want to open the packing so that I could swap or sell them but having unpacked them I can see that you are correct and they are "handed" correctly
It was the FR & RR on all of them that made me wrongly assume they were all for the right hand
Thank you all so much for your help and good advice

I tried to get part numbers a few years back when I first noticed what I then thought was a problem, and a couple of weeks ago, but despite searching around the net it seems hard to find any part number information for the 80 series. Is there any resource for part numbers for the 80 series?

Regards
Greg

A copy of the old Windows based Toyota EPC is very useful if you can I find a copy somewhere. It has part No.'s for all models plus exploded diagrams.

Hi Towpack

Sorry to be so dim, what is an EPC? (It's going to be so obvious I know I will regret asking this)

Electronic Parts Catalogue, which was originally designed to run on W98, that's how old it is and has been updated many times. There are version of it online now.....

Toyota EPC

Of course I knew that! . . . . . erhem

Thanks Towpack I will do some searching
Much appreciated

Looks like your sorted then Gregh , which is just as well because mine are buried in the shed and i really dont want to be stacking everything outside in the rain just to get to them .

Hi Shayne, thanks for your help, but it looks like they are fine.

Now that I have them out of the packaging it is obvious that chapel gate and the other guys are correct that they are for both sides. It was the FR & RR on all of them that made me think they were wrong
It was ages ago that I got them via this forum, and definitely from a Toyota dealer in Europe. (I think it was Germany).
I jumped to the conclusion they were a "clear out" when I saw the description on the labels and thought I had been had. And because I had left it so long before using them I could not remember where I had got them from! So there was not much to do about it but hope for a swap

Without you and the other guys on this forum most of us would be stuffed for any expertise on the 80 Landcruiser
It can be worrying when something goes wrong because unless it is general "consumables" like oil, lamps, filters or servicing the Toyota main dealers are just useless

They also appear to kick the arse out of the spares prices for these older trucks. However I did find one guy in a spares department of a main agent down here in Sussex and he would always haggle a bit to sell me the spares. Even did me a brilliant deal on a couple of batteries, (my truck eats them every four years), but as the way he left the job and the new chap only reads the computer to me.

So thanks again for all the help, it is very much appreciated

Regards
Greg

Back