Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Down Under

Kup

Country Flag
switzerland
Hi Everyone,

I decided to join this online club due to the scope of topics covered, number of members, etc. Its a pleasure to be part of it, though I doubt chances of meeting up other than virtually are pretty slim. But you never know...

So a bit about me: Profession: International Gypsy :) I stopped (early) being part of the active workforce 7 years ago as I had enough of the stress, blah blah blah. Since then I spent 2 years in South Africa, where I still have my LC 78 Station Wagon. I go back yearly for a month, but am now spending more and more time in OZ. I have a Troopie there which is currently undergoing transformation into an overland vehicle. The plan is to travel the outback on my annual visits to escape Europe's long, dark, cold and dreary winter months. I'll post pictures of it once its done.

Santa Claus was very kind this past Christmas. It's having a few bits and bobs added:
complete suspension, bullbar with winch, dual battery, LED spotlights, roof rack and tent, dual rear wheel carrier, 72l fridge with 3rd battery, CB radio with roof console, 180 l supplementary fuel tank, 54l water tank, sliding drawers, and a few other things.

So, just want to say I'm happy to be here and participate on the forum when I actually have something to contribute.

Cheers,
Martin

Welcome to the club Martin. :)

Sounds like a nice life your living and I love your choice of LandCruisers. :D

thanks for the welcome Ben. Where are you in Aus? I'm in WA.

I'm on the Gold Coast in sunny Queensland! :sunglasses:

Welcome to the forum Martin, looking forward to your escapades.

Sounds like it's going to be interesting!

Welcome!

I still have my LC 78 Station Wagon. ............... I have a Troopie there which is currently undergoing transformation into an overland vehicle.

Pics or they don't exist :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I promise that pics will be posted! Current estimate for delivery date is 9 May.

At present my Troopie is at ARB in Welshpool WA (thats Western Australia, not Washington, USA :) , and looks more like a carcass that and off-roader. The electrics are pretty much finished (fridge wiring w/power pack, extra outlets, 3 antenna leads (2CB+ gsm), water tank pump, dual battery, battery isolator, solar input, though the CB radio + antenna switch and roof console still to be installed.

The roof rack and tent are up, BUT still needs doesn't have the bull bar with Warn Platinum Xeon 10-S winch, LED spots, side rails and steps, radiator protection, 180 l sup fuel tank, water tank, dual rear wheel carrier and tow bar, as well as complete OME suspension with BP-51 shocks. There is still a lot of work to be done, but patience, apparently is a virtue .

(For clarity, no bragging guy, just giving a description of my TOYota.

I'd prefer it to be done once correctly, with proper time and care taken, rather than a hurried job which could result being stuck in the middle of nowhere. So far, after each inspection I've been very pleased and impressed with the attention to detail of ARB's installation workmanship, and well as quality of products.

Back