Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Drive train slap

nathanrobo

Hi all

Finally got round to defecting from tloc (bit of prompting from Ian).

You may remember me getting all bent out of shape over the drive train slap in my latest truck. Jon & Ian worked hard to put together a list of parts (ARB bushes, diff mounts, UJ's for both props, upper and lwr suspension arm bushes). I fitted everything with the exception of the upper / lwr front suspension bushes and eliminated 90% of the slap.

After recently stripping out my torque converter, with the both props off, I noticed a bit of play between the out put shafts on my front diff... any advice as to how to solve this last problem?

thanks
Nathan

Regret cant help with the questions. Wanted to say welcome to you though.

nathanrobo said:
After recently stripping out my torque converter, with the both props off, I noticed a bit of play between the out put shafts on my front diff... any advice as to how to solve this last problem?

Do you mean if you hold one side you can turn the other a bit? If so that's normal and is just taking up the slack in the side and pinion gears inside the carrier.

Hi Jon
Just as you described! Shouldn't be so fussy.
Hope ur well!
N

I've posted on similar threads (here too for completeness). Fitted upper /lower suspension bushes and shock bushes / cushions. Drive train reduced to a tiny minimum now. Next job upper lower axle control arm bushes. Should provide the tightness that I've been looking for (if not... ah well!) :D

Back