Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

DUSTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen this in pics on here. It is done exactly the same as any static filter cabinet in building ventilation by a differential pressure switch across the filter. Yet another of the many variations and local specs for these vehicles. Good work Toyota. :thumbup:
Its on my " i dont really need it but i want it, ill spend way too much time and possibly money on it." Retro fit list..

Getting back to volcanic dust did hear once that because it is so fine that it could be used as a lubricant but have not heard of anybody doing this but would like to know the outcome if this has been attempted on an engine and what type of engine ta steve

Getting back to volcanic dust did hear once that because it is so fine that it could be used as a lubricant but have not heard of anybody doing this but would like to know the outcome if this has been attempted on an engine and what type of engine ta steve
I believe it to be horribly abrasive so based on that no I wouldn’t want it within ten feet of my engine.

Could be one for Mythbusters though… :)

Could you be thinking of Graphite dust? Volcanic dust takes many forms but most contain silica which is very hard and abrasive. Pure Graphite dust has excellent lubrication properties and resistance to high temperatures.

Thats got to be pencils then and graphite grease which i used to use on wheel no 5 on the artics and on arms boots and almost everywhere else if i got generous with it

Yes i get that Vincent my suspicious mind just makes me question how the dust got in , i use K&N filters and i've had it "dusted" until i could feel it effecting performance but it was clean inside , and i imagine any dust that did get into oil would congeal sink to the bottom of the sump and stay there until oil change ?

I'm inclined to think the seller failed to mention a specific event such as a post filter split in the intake or some such thing that on discovery prompted the need for a quick sale . But i guess we will never know and bravo for saving the truck :clap:

On a side note would you consider adopting a 45 year old male from the UK i'm almost house trained and i have 3 trucks that could all do with some TLC :lol:
Only answer I can give you shane is save up and take a trip along the Aussie Simpson or up to big Red or just a leasurely drive around Alice or maybe up the along the Margeret River and along the Savannah. I could go on naming places but thats not necessary. If you did this I would recommend you bring personnel rear ring plugs because you would wonder how in the heck dust could find its way there. Don't take my word for it, maybe some Aussie members can attest to this.

Regardsing the side note, two girls eith their respective husbands and kids are more than enough thanks.
regards
Vince

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back