Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

E5/E10.... F**** up

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
Just a little story.. Was out on the Bike Yesterday, And filled up at a garage on the way Home, Found a Pump which was and Stated to be E5, Any way when the Missus went into pay the Lad on the Desk told her that it was E10 at that Pump and Not E5 as stated on the Pump So I asked him why the F***, did it state E5, and he told us that his Boss would not let him Change the card which stated what fuel was in what Pump... WTF I said many times, The poor lad feared for his job by the sounds of things, Iv Emailed Murco UK and told them basically whats written here, So be warned you might not be getting what you think your getting, I wonder how many are doing the same.... The Garage Was Murco, Six Hills on Stone street, Canterbury To Folkstone Road... I told Murco UK That if there is any long term problems with the Bike someone will be getting E5 shoved up their Arse....... Lets wait for their Response...

For those of us that have 2 Stroke chainsaws strimmers hedge cutting equipment and anything 2 stroke what is going to be the longterm effect on the fuel system does anybody know went to garage few days ago and got premium petrol for the mower and to mix up with 2 stroke oil as had been said on this and various other parts of the web effort the the e10 will fluff up the seals or have I answered my own question

Hmmmm, I'll wager someone just forgot to change the signage. If fuel is incorrectly labelled by intention or otherwise but you're charged correctly then surely that could be mis selling of goods or something and it's not as if you can easily take it back like a wrong size jumper or incorrect car part etc. Given there's no simple test, certainly not a pump side one, that I know of to tell E5 from E10 I guess you have to take the their word for it. I've been putting semi skimmed E5 (labelled) fuel in the bikes since the launch of E10 even though they're supposed to be OK with the fully skimmed E10. A couple of garages I used to use frequently on my runs out have now stopped selling E5 Super Unleaded for reasons best known to them.

Edit.......
On an Ethanol related theme I noticed the other day that B&Q are now selling 100% Bio Ethanol, at £4/Ltr, for Bio Ethanol fireplaces.

Last edited:
My Stihl Strimmer's run on a special Bio nonsense fuel...... £5 a litre.... But do you know what, Iv never had the strimmer's cut out or Stall, or run rough They always run sweet....... Anyway the E10 issue doesn't affect the Bikes running performance, The lads on the Transalp forum say just dont leave it in the Tank too long, I drained the Carbs as soon as i got home, Luckily its a steel Tank, I hear it does affect plastic Tanks, Hope the weather holds so i can go for a spin and empty the Tank........ Oh! and the Lad at the Garage said the Boss would not let him Change the card... It was not an over sight....

I can see lies and denials looming from Murco and the operatives on this Higgy.
You have been told one story, what's the betting Murco will be told a different one, after all the lad and the manager will be effectively sacking themselves.
Maybe a case for Trading Standards, they could go in there and take samples for testing, or even your purchase if you still have some ?

With garages selling fuel the garage owners buy the fuel from the company at a slightly lower price then sell it to Joe and Josephine Public at a much higher price it would be very rare these days for a petroleum company to actually own the fueling station they would just supply the pumps signage and merchandise stands and maybe the canopy if they got have planning permission fuel stations used to have signs above the door to say that Peter Petrol was licensed to sell petroleum products just the same as Publican Paul think the only Free House fuel stations or on the motorway system where you might find Shell BP ESSO under one roof so to speak and that's only because of commercial travellers having fuel cards for those companies a great number of transport and haulage companies now use bunkering cards such as Key fuels where said company buys say twenty thousand litres of derv and puts it in the key fuels system and draws on it as they need it

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back