Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Easter Sunday Drive - and others too!

OK folks! Today's drive pics are here.

The trip was about 100km all told. We started in Paphos, drove through the "Venus Rock" golf village (AKA Aphrodite Hills as it used to be known) then up on to the hills near "Randi Forest" (that's what is says on the map! Then up through a lovely gorge where in the winter and spring moths a river flows crisscrossing the valley/gorge floor. Is say lovely, it was five years ago when I drove it in the Suzuki Samurai a fw times, I have also walked it but this year it is pretty overgrown in places and I am dreading washing the dust off to see what "rashes" the greenery have inflicted on my recently buffed paintwork. I know it's my own fault, but I like clean cars and off roading - I can't help it!

1. Leaving "Randi Forest".

View attachment 147955

2 & 3. Approaching the gorge with wind turbines in the BG.

View attachment 147956

View attachment 147957

4. Just starting to get in the vegetation"

View attachment 147958

5. Deeper in to the gorge now - no more pics because I could not open the door!

View attachment 147959

6. The ruins of Ayios Yeoryios.

View attachment 147960

7. The ruins from across the valley as we climb out of the valley.

View attachment 147961

8. We leave the Alektora area now, crossing the main road in Pissouri and head up in to the hills of Melanda above Pissouri Bay. As usual, it is a LOT steeper than it looks.

View attachment 147962

9-12 Dropping down to the beaches West of Avdimou Bay.

View attachment 147963

View attachment 147964

View attachment 147965

View attachment 147966

13. One half of Avdimou Bay from the headland looking West at the Melandria Restaurant.

View attachment 147967

14 & 15 Other end of the bay now (looking East) two restaurants here - very nice they are too!

View attachment 147968

View attachment 147969

16, 17 & 18 After Joyce and I shared a cold beer here, we called it a day and headed home.... but, we went via the very steep and rocky track to a pergola built on the hills above the main coast road and overlooking the famous "Aphrodites Rock" the fabled birthplace of the Goddess Aphrodite.

View attachment 147970

View attachment 147971

View attachment 147972

Chopping some trees tomorrow and if I have the energy when I get home I will wash BFT and see what the paintwork looks like!

Bye for now folks.
Hi Geoff
Fantastic pics as usual

Crackin’ trip there Geoff, and nothing spared, restaurant dining and cold beers thrown in :lol:

Nice one :thumbup:, not envious at all :eusa-liar: :lol:

Thanks for taking the time to post all the pics...

Still waiting for Easter to come round again!

Had Joyce's Nephew come visit from Amsterdam for four days. Gave him a massive tour of Cyprus Monday - left at 0800 and got home 2300!
Next day we stayed a little more local but Wednesday we took him to blue lagoon swimming in the Akamas and then found a quiet beach for lunch and another swim. He is a Ginger Nut and had to keep slathering himself in factor 30!

I also got to try out the homemade awning for for the first time since modifying it. Worked a treat - very pleased.

BFT-awning.jpg

Also a pic of the "Albino" nephew! :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Mike_O.jpg

Last edited:
Still waiting for Easter to come round again!

Had Joyce's Nephew come visit from Amsterdam for four days. Gave him a massive tour of Cyprus Monday - left at 0800 and got home 2300!
Next day we stayed a little more local but Wednesday we took him to blue lagoon swimming in the Akamas and then found a quiet beach for lunch and another swim. He is a Ginger Nut and had to keep slathering himself in factor 30!

I also got to try out the homemade awning for for the first time since modifying it. Worked a treat - very pleased.

View attachment 148473

Also a pic of the "Albino" nephew! :sunglasses::sunglasses:

View attachment 148474
Home made , well done Geoff looks neat as well , you have saved a lot of money , look how much Dervis paid for his .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back