Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ebay project trailer

Giving up on finding a suitable donor trailer i'm planning to build my own , nothing that will excite you guys just a plain and simple tent on wheels . So to keep things simple the axle and brakes will be dealt with by using indespension made to order , and going against my own theory that narrower wheels are better than wide on a trailer after browsing many pics i have decided on wheels and tyres to match those on my truck just because it looks better .

Here's where i'm undecided - Do i really need a hitch that will allow mental articulation ?

Of course these things are nice to have but are they necessary , i'm thinking of actual usage , where am i gonna go ? Lincomb and Romania , a Nato swivel means the trailer would never fall off but it also means thousands of miles of putting up with clank rattle clank and while watching Clarkson and others deliberately wreck caravans all fitted with a bog standard road going hitch it seems fair to say they do have a fair amount of articulation anyway and they rarely part company with the towing vehicle .

I'm not likely to be doing the Rubicon with the trailer and its more likely to be left at camp while i go axle twisting so is an all singing and dancing hitch a worthwhile investment do you think ?

Remember its gonna be braked so a couple of UJ's is not gonna cut it .

A normal ball hitch should be ok for that Shane, that's what I have for mine. Might want to read http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=54249 before you do a build thread :shifty:

Thanks Jon i've already done a bit of browsing about the laws etc and from what i can gather getting legal can't be to much of a challenge A-frame length and suitable coupling with regulation lights seems about the long and tall of it . I want to stay under 750kg if possible which might make things easier . Will read more as time goes on right now i'm just trying to put together a list of materials .

Back