Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Electrical Gremlins

Geordiebarry

Country Flag
uk
I am hoping that someone can help me sort out a couple of electrical gremlins which have appeared on my Amazon 100. I am not sure if they are linked.

1. the door open light stays on, but when I put on the lights it goes out. the courtesy lights in the footwells function on the switch as they should but the interior lights stay on when in the door position. For this reason I suspected the switch in the rear tailgate lock so I got a new one and it is still the same. On checking further I notice that there is no power to the tailgate switch but all of the others are fine. With this light on I can't lower the suspension when I stop without first putting on the sidelights. Any ideas where I need to start looking?

2. I have had an issue with the towing electrics. If my lights are on and I operate the right indicator or hazard flashers I get the rear fog lamp coming on. I then need to switch off the foglamp. I have had the towbar wiring replaced with the genuine Toyota wiring but still have the same issue. The Cruiser has been parked up for a few days so I tried it this afternoon and it seems OK. It may be water related as we have had a lot of rain lately. I have checked this with several trailer boards and my trailer and the results are the same. I have seen several posts about this but no fix. Can someone advise on what I should try next?

these are driving me nuts, so any help would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Back