Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engel problem

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
I've just tried plugging my Engel into three different cig lighter sockets, on different circuits, which are all live, and nothing! :confusion-confused:
The plug may not be an original Engel, I think the originals had a fuse in them, this one doesn't. The wiring inside the plug is OK, and the cable doesn't have any damage,the end that plugs in the fridge is moulded on so should be OK. There is a 10a blade fuse above the sockets on the fridge which is not blown, is there any other fuse on an Engel? :eusa-pray: I'm off to Croatia tomorrow night :auto-layrubber: and it will be a real b****r if I can't get it working. :crying-yellow:
Chas

Having just had a bit of trouble with my engel I can confirm that the original lead has a thermal fuse in it.

I'm not aware of any other fuses. Can you rule out any power supply unit probems - does it still work okay on mains?

take a piccy of the plug and post it here

engel make 2 different plugs, whch do different things- are you quite sure youdon't have a thermal fused plug?

Panic over chaps, I've found the fault, it was the stupid b*****d :oops: :oops: :oops: who hadn't switched it on, I thought the indicator light came on when it was plugged but when I turned the switch! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . LET THERE BE LIGHT :happy-sunny: or maybe THERE BE THAT LIGHT.
Chas

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chas, you are a star :lol: :lol:
Hope you are well after your incident. have a good trip.

TonyS said:
Chas, you are a star :lol: :lol:
Hope you are well after your incident. have a good trip.
Do you mean the incident at Lincomb, where I fell flat on my a*se? well at the moment my rear end is very sore and looks like a Victoria plum :shock: (I would post a pic, but there may be children looking in) the Doc says a couple of weeks on a diet of painkillers should do the trick :thumbup:
Chas

Back