Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine cut out after service

I'm wondering now if there is an air lock in the system, and it needs bleeding - let's see what others say ?

Hmmm why do you think youre not getting any fuel from the tank to the fuel filter?

If you remove the output hose (between fuel filter and high pressure pump) and press the priming button on the filter, do you get diesel coming out?

Also try a few blasts of easy start into the air intake, as that bypasses the high pressure pump - it might not run but youll hear if it gets further

Re scv post - thats on the other website

Easy start is a good easy one, as mentioned by Karl in an earlier post.
I think the Aussie version? Start ya bastard, is more aptly named, lol.

Get the Mrs to turn the engine over while you blast it.

Hmmm why do you think youre not getting any fuel from the tank to the fuel filter?

If you remove the output hose (between fuel filter and high pressure pump) and press the priming button on the filter, do you get diesel coming out?

Also try a few blasts of easy start into the air intake, as that bypasses the high pressure pump - it might not run but youll hear if it gets further

Re scv post - thats on the other website
I believe is the fuel pump from tank, when I remove the hose (the one that comes from tank) from primer and try to put ignition on I get nothing, absolute none the pump isn’t pushing any fuel

If I remove the output hose, and prime diesel I get diesel from filter , yes!

Re scv post, now I seen the tony reply but as I said it’s hard to belive is the scv..also someone checked my old scv and it was ok

But then why doesnt it start from a bottle of diesel?

Or do you think theres more than one problem? Which happened suddenly? Seems unlikely

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
BTW I'm not entirely convinced there is an electric in tank fuel pump on these diesels; there is an in tank unit which is a filter and a sender, but is it actually a pump?

I always thought the high pressure fuel pump sucked the diesel from the tank, rather than it being pushed by an electric pump.

If there is an electric pump, where is the relay for it?

BTW I'm not entirely convinced there is an electric in tank fuel pump on these diesels; there is an in tank unit which is a filter and a sender, but is it actually a pump?

I always thought the high pressure fuel pump sucked the diesel from the tank, rather than it being pushed by an electric pump.

If there is an electric pump, where is the relay for it
Now I’m lost again…

Tony has put some info on the other board about the fuse for the in tank pump - so it obviously exists!

Its a bit of a confused situation - the fuse isnt properly labelled in my handbook, and the legend on the fuse box itself isnt correct (again)

Theres no obvious fuel pump relay on mine and Tony reckons theres none on his either.

Haynes wiring diagram shows a 15 amp fuse and a relay. Tony has identified a 20 amp fuse. I'll take Tonys info over Haynes every time.

Update : today I tried again the bottle trick with 2 litters of diesel primed from LC I stick the hose in the bottle try to start the engine and it started straight away … after all of that I switch off the engine spilled the rest of the diesel back into tank put the hose back into fuel filter and tried to start normally..guess what?! It started straight away and I still run it now meanwhile I type this replay 30mins now just to change up back the batteries.
Now..I know somewhere the problem exist and as first time I expect to cut out from nowhere as it happens last time when i waited for the AA and I thought I fixed . So what about now ?! What do you guys think?

So its been running for half an hour? Sounds like a good result.

Remember those SCVs fail without warning - is it possible you had an SCV problem, then ended up with air in the system which you have now purged?

So its been running for half an hour? Sounds like a good result.

Remember those SCVs fail without warning - is it possible you had an SCV problem, then ended up with air in the system which you have now purged?
I just Drive around town a bit aggressive to if will cut out again and it seems everything was ok..also parked and switch off and start again…everything normal now don’t know what to say now.

Now ordered the new scv also I ordered some diesel system additives to clean the system (Winn’s) and I will see what now?!

Probably be fine now youve got the air out. Get the new scv fitted tho!

Back