Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine, is this the BEB’s

im dropping some bits off to lad who does a lot of work on these engines on Friday, ill play him the vid and ask him his thoughts.
it does seem as though its going to be a process of elimination.
it might be worth having the injectors serviced.

Thanks Mike, I’ll record an updated clip and post it tomorrow

Cheers

I think it was Taiho Karl, my neighbour works in a big motor factor and I get special prices!

I was very surprised to see how clean it was inside, both top and bottom ends with the “high” level of servicing it’s had for the last 4 or 5 years
Think I’m going to end up taking the head off , or run it till it goes bang, but don’t really want to do either!

Cheers

Where are you based Jake? I dont mind having a listen if your in the area or getting a contact whos local to you to give you their thoughts. Over the phone or on video just doesnt give you a true picture like it does in person.

Karl, I’m afraid I’m a bit far away for you being north of Inverness!
Thanks for the offer tho

Cheers

It might be worth to get the injectors tested and rebuilt. IMO i don’t “really” hear anything that is worrying ? Sounds mostly diesel knock to me wich can be from worn injectors. Remember toyota says to check 1hdft injectors every 200,000km.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This is how is sounds now, new big end shells, valve clearance set and fresh 15/40 oil. This is from dead cold start

Thanks for the input

Cheers

Sounds like diesel knock to me as I said, i’m thinking injectors

I managed a tiny bit of time on the truck, tried some redex through the fuel filter and some in the tank and it has definitely made it quieter, so I’m thinking of pulling the injectors, it wouldn’t be a wasted task anyway, but using the stethoscope you can definitely match the knocking to cyl #3, which is the one that had the beb’s damaged. I wonder if a faulty injector has been causing bad detonation and extra load on the crank. Hopefully there isn’t a cracked piston!

Cheers

Back