Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine rattle when accelerating

Zephyr

Country Flag
australia
Hi everyone,
I've just signed up to this forum because I'm trying to find an answer to the engine knocking I'm getting. I've got a high mileage 1hz that makes a very loud metal knocking sound when accelerating especially when cold. Once the engine is warm you can still hear it but just briefly and only in a certain rpm range (1500-2100). I can also hear it when in neutral and bringing the engine into the rpm range.
A mechanic suggested it could be the fuel injectors but most of what I can find online suggests other problems.
Has anyone had the same problem before? Any ideas?

Thank you

I'm inclined to agree with your mechanic. On two occasions over the years, when I have had unusual knocking or rattling noises from the engine (not a 1HZ, I admit) getting the injectors overhauled - new nozzles, seals, etc - cured the problem and returned the motor to normal.

A quick google suggests this is so common as to be almost normal in the 1HZ , using fully synthetic oil helps a little apparently . I'd go a step further and add some snake oil injector cleaner and the likes .

You posted in the 90 series section which is definitely not 1HZ so perhaps the moderators might move the question for you .

Half watching and not paying attention Wheelers dealers on TV last night I remembered this question while they discussed the early Mitsubishi 3000GT vr-4 lifters knock problem which Mitsubishi remedied in later models by make the end hole 2mm bigger so it didn't clog up with carbon causing the knocking noise .

Won't cost much to pull lifters and clean them , you never know :confusion-shrug:

Are you sure it's firing on all cylinders? I had a bad misfire with my 5VZ (at least 2 cylinders down) and it sounded like a very bad rod knock.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sziasztok,
Most regisztráltam erre a fórumra, mert próbálok választ találni a motor kopogására, amit kapok. Nagy futásteljesítményem van 1 Hz, ami nagyon hangos fém kopogó hangot ad ki gyorsításkor, különösen hidegen. Ha a motor felmelegedett, akkor is hallható, de csak rövid ideig és csak egy bizonyos fordulatszám-tartományban (1500-2100). Akkor is hallom, amikor üresben van, és a motort a fordulatszám tartományba viszem.
Egy szerelő azt javasolta, hogy az üzemanyag-befecskendezőkről van szó, de a legtöbb, amit az interneten találok, más problémákra utal.
Volt már valakinek hasonló problémája? Bármilyen ötletet?

Köszönöm

SZIA
megvan a kopogtatási megoldás? az én 1hz-em is csörgős. Porlasztókra gyanakszom.
Thanks

Back