Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Error C1268 L4 signal from 4WD ecu not credible

sky59

Country Flag
slovak_republic
I already found that problem is 99.99999% in transfer actuato assembly.
Thought it is in H4 mode ecu probably reports it is in L4 mode. So it says Check VSC system, but finally it founds out somehow it is really in H4 so errors on dash disappeare. But DTC C1268 remains and not possible to clear.

We can not change H4 L4 regimes as we could notget back to H4 to use the LC normally.

It is very likely contacts in trnsfer shift assembly below the car is damaged by water? It is the bottom part with small DC motor like from RC model.

To remove complete transfer shift assembly is nonsens as half og automatic gear box would have to be removed!!

I may upload some pictures later, but if anybody know if it is possible only to remove DC motor responsible for H4L4 transfers? I am sure it is damaged by water inside. It is a bottom part of transfer shift assembly. Top part is for locking center differential with its own second DC motor

I had the same problem last year for months. It was intermittent and very annoying. It threw different error codes all relating to dirty wheel sensors, vsc, etc......I had previously given the beast a hard time and done many river crossings. In the end, after spending hours checking electrical connectors and tests, the final straw was cleaning the transfer case area and unplugging and replugging all visible wires. I then also, switched from H4 to L4 every day to exit my steep driveway when towing a work trailer. That seemed to fix it without spending any dollars......just a lot of time problem solving. I hope this helps. I have a 200 series Sahara.

Back