Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Extending cone bump stops

Shayne

Guru
For Clive really we discussed it recently and i just chanced upon my own pic while googling rocksliders

dscf1738_zpscaf11a8d-jpg.79041.jpg

:icon-eek::o

Oh, sorry, read the title wrong…
My bad!
Oh boy!!:shifty:
As you were…

Last edited:
Cheers Shayne.

So what did you buy, the whole set-up in the photo or just the spacer pieces to use on existing cone stops?

I wonder what's available for the 80 Series?

I took the standard cone to a local plastics place because the metal place had nothing big enough to lathe , explained what i wanted and collected an hour or so later , can't remember what they charged me but it was under a 100 quid i think .

I took the standard cone to a local plastics place because the metal place had nothing big enough to lathe , explained what i wanted and collected an hour or so later , can't remember what they charged me but it was under a 100 quid i think .

Nice one.

Doubtful I can find anyone to do anything like that here.

I might look at getting something fabbed-up for the axle stops and leave the coil-over cone stops as standard.

Sadly my first attempt at this was via ebay and i sent a cone and never got anything back so the spacers have been used without cones ever since . I hope to remedy this soon as i am sick of buying replacement axle stops !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The plastics place i used doesn't deal with the public at all i don't think i just walked in and said hi . Wondering if i could sort out something for you mate i googled the place and came up blank so maybe its gone but i will pop down tomorrow for a look if you want its only 5 minutes away .

If you needed something turned up out of delrin I can get things like that done.

Thanks guys, very kind offers indeed.

Let me see what's available here, I've made no enquiries at all this end yet, I only know I need something to raise the effective bump-stop level at the front by about 1".

The front tyres are just catching on more severe 'dives' into hollows or depressions, nothing serious... Yet!

Ironically, the rear stops have been missing altogether for the last 10 years, but I get no rubs at the back!

My rear stops have been gone for about as long. Fitted some from eBay earlier in the year. Pretty good they seem.

Back