Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Feedback Please

Julian
I would definitely be interested inthe Exmoor event - I read a bit about it recently - stunning countryside and also for a local riding school who do riding for the disabled or something similar
I think this must be the event on http://exmoor-challenge.co.uk Next date is 11th - 13th March 2005. There are also some contact details on the page - seems to have been a Jeep and Landrover dominated event so far ... now there's a challenge for all you hard-core types!
There is also a chap who lives in our village who organises 4x4 training and tours in this part of the world (http://www.firstfouroffroad.co.uk) who took me on a one day trip doing some BOATs and RUPPs on Exmoor. The LC made it all very easy - but then I'd told him that I didn't want to break it, so we didn't do anything extreme.
He has quite a lot of stuff about bumpers, winches & other parts on there Julian. Although his bias is Landrover some of it will apply to other vehicles.
I think the riding school mentioned (they say "Conquest") must be the Conquest Centre at Bishop's Lydeard (Norton Fitzwarren), just outside Taunton. They certainly do Riding for the Disabled there, but other things too. Needless to say we've been there competing with our four-footed friends, so I know it well.
If there *is* a an "easy" route for stock vehicles I'd be interested and, although I know I'll get flak for mentioning horses, I know there are loads of other parents who have had to buy 4x4s to haul their childrens' nags around who would also like to give it a go. Round here that will mean Defenders, Discos, Daihatsus and Isuzus for the most part - but surely the more the merrier?
Like me their attitude will be to have fun, but not to damage the vehicle. So I suppose that means mud, but not rocks.
Must go - I'm taking by 6 year old to a steam fair. (Now I bet there will be some serious winches there - remember steam ploughs?)
Christopher Bell
Devon
1996 1HD-FT

Back