Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fiery's OEM Jack.........

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
.........I had a play with Fiery's standard jack over the weekend so I don't get caught out should I ever require it :) And I've got to say it's not a bad bit of kit :thumbup: I was thinking about buying a small bottle jack to carry @ all times should I ever get caught out & not have my Hi-Lift but having had a play with the standard one I shant bother as this is very capable :D :thumbup:

P1010396.jpg

P1010397.jpg

P1010398.jpg

P1010399.jpg

P1010400.jpg

P1010401.jpg

I just thought I'd share my :o with you all :)

Attachments

• P1010396.jpg
    P1010396.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 97
  • P1010397.jpg
    P1010397.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 84
  • P1010398.jpg
    P1010398.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 82
  • P1010399.jpg
    P1010399.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 69
  • P1010400.jpg
    P1010400.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 121
  • P1010401.jpg
    P1010401.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 75
They really are good Steven but a pain in the butt on Salisbury Plain on soft ground. :roll: :thumbdown:

I bought a six ton bottle jack with a slightly larger base and Chris (Great White) made me a superb little doofer to go on the top.
Hopefully Chris will still have the photo to show what I mean.

Mind you, both types of jack start to suffer when you have a 2" lift and larger tyres :oops:

Ecky Thump said:
They really are good Steven but a pain in the butt on Salisbury Plain on soft ground. :roll: :thumbdown: I bought a six ton bottle jack with a slightly larger base and Chris (Great White) made me a superb little doofer to go on the top.Hopefully Chris will still have the photo to show what I mean.

Mind you, both types of jack start to suffer when you have a 2" lift and larger tyres :oops:
I've got a HiLift base spreader I use for under the bottle jack, it fitted perfectly under the standard bottle but I've just bought a 3 ton hydraulic bottle jack to replace the Toyo one and I haven't tried that yet to see if it fits the new jack.
If you jack on the axle that would that not overcome any body lift? but larger tyres would possibly still restrict you.
Chas

Ecky Thump said:
They really are good Steven but a pain in the butt on Salisbury Plain on soft ground. :roll: :thumbdown:

I bought a six ton bottle jack with a slightly larger base and Chris (Great White) made me a superb little doofer to go on the top.
Hopefully Chris will still have the photo to show what I mean.

Cossack said:
Ecky Thump said:
They really are good Steven but a pain in the butt on Salisbury Plain on soft ground. :roll: :thumbdown: I bought a six ton bottle jack with a slightly larger base and Chris (Great White) made me a superb little doofer to go on the top.Hopefully Chris will still have the photo to show what I mean.

I've got a HiLift base spreader I use for under the bottle jack, it fitted perfectly under the standard bottle but I've just bought a 3 ton hydraulic bottle jack to replace the Toyo one and I haven't tried that yet to see if it fits the new jack.
If you jack on the axle that would that not overcome any body lift? but larger tyres would possibly still restrict you.
Chas

All very valid points :) Once I've finish my storage box & it's installed into Fiery I will always have a piece of large flat timber with me for spreading the load :thumbup: So this should'nt be a problem :) & if I have my Hi-Lift with me I will also have the Hi-Lift base as I also have one :) But all of this is very hypotheticle as its only just to have incase if you know what I mean & I can't see a small bottle jack offering me any greater ability than the standard jack that is already on board :D So weight & money saved :thumbup:

Back