Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

First Cruiser for me

Thanks for the reply's guys , I'm mechanically minded as an apple so it's all the unknown to me,I just cant afford expensive motor failures hence the question on it ,I spent a small fortune on the patrol replacing a head and gear box and got very little for it as a trade ,sorry for my ignorance but I have no idea what a egt gauge is

EGT = exhaust gas temperature it will tell you sooner than your dash engine temperature gauge if your in danger of overheating .

I do wonder how long ago the turbo was fitted because set up wrong it would cause problems quickly but if its been a turbo for 10,000 miles it seems unlikely to be doing any harm .

We must remember that engines have been down tuned by manufacturers for years to meet regulations written by a pixie eunuch who lives in a tree .

EGT = exhaust gas temperature it will tell you sooner than your dash engine temperature gauge if your in danger of overheating .

I do wonder how long ago the turbo was fitted because set up wrong it would cause problems quickly but if its been a turbo for 10,000 miles it seems unlikely to be doing any harm .

We must remember that engines have been down tuned by manufacturers for years to meet regulations written by a pixie eunuch who lives in a tree .

Thanks Shane for the explanation of the gauge,I'm going to try and find out who the last owner was and try to contact them and see how long it's been on there .
Paul

Thanks for the reply's guys,I have contacted the past owner and he told me it has been there for around 10 years and has done over a 100 klm with it and he had it fitted and never had any dramas because of it and has always had it set at 8 -9 psi.
So I suppose it would be silly to pay to have it removed and I will get a egt gauge fitted as recommended
Regards Paul

Thanks for the reply's guys,I have contacted the past owner and he told me it has been there for around 10 years and has done over a 100 klm with it and he had it fitted and never had any dramas because of it and has always had it set at 8 -9 psi.
So I suppose it would be silly to pay to have it removed and I will get a egt gauge fitted as recommended
Regards Paul

IMHO, that's the way to go Paul.

Removing it for no apparent reason has no logic.

Back