Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fitting a 2" suspension lift

2" doesn't normally demand castor correction. They are a bugger to fit without the right kit. If your steering centres up reasonably on the way out of a sharp slow corner, you should be fine. Can comment about accelerated wear as not had mine long enough.

As Mark correctly said above you really shouldn't need it with a 2" lift. :icon-biggrin:

Why wouldn't you if they were included in the kit ? The truck may feel fine but i think in my limited understanding the caster correction is all about reducing unnecessary wear caused by the other alterations . My truck has ifs so i don't know much about solid axles but from what i've read on here not fitting the CCB will only have you doing far more expensive repairs sooner rather than later .

Shayne, posting about stuff you really dont have a solid understanding of or first hand experience of is just going to confuse the hell out of people when they read this thread and maybe dont have the knowledge themselves!

The reason people fit castor correction bushes/plates/drop boxes/after market radius arms etc. is to improve on road handling and restore the castor to near factory spec after fitting a big (normally 3 or 4"+) suspension lift, as without doing this the truck tends to wonder and bump steer can be a problem.

IMHO the wear that would be placed upon the panhard rod bushes would be minimal, and if you were fitting a suspension lift that big, you would probably be fitting adjustable panhard rods anyway, so could allow for the fact the axle was slightly rotated.
Apart from the panhard rod bushes there isnt really anything else that should suffer from unnecessary wear.:icon-smile:

After having a 2" sus lift my 80 suffered from 'Wander' fitting CCB's cured it.

Fair comment Ben but hey the wrong answer often prompts the right answer so we get there in the end .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back