Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

FJ blown up

:shock: :shock:

Lucky fella to escape with so little damage to himself. Must have been a helluva pressure wave to peel the outer skin off the truck like that. I cant see any flame damage.

Very lucky he was alone in the truck too, well unlucky he was even in there but you know what i mean!

Any chance of posting the pic please as I'm not a member of that forum.

You need to apply to join the forum?? :naughty:

Thanks Crispin, I didn't see the point of joining a forum just to view some pictures :thumbup:

:o :o :o

That is one lucky bloke!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
:o

Very very lucky... although am I the only one to think it makes the FJ look better?

I’m told this Hilux was also carrying an acetylene bottle.
george20New20009.jpg

george20New20001.jpg

george20New20010.jpg

I also sent this link to a few mates. One of them replied with this:

"He was probably very lucky it had either mostly drained out - or there was not enough air.

About 15 years ago in Sydney, a plumber suffered a similar thing, he climbed into his car at 5am in the morning to go to job ... with a lit cigarette. Not only was he killed, the adjacent houses sustained structural damage and had to torn down - most houses in the _block_ had broken windows.

When I was about 12 I wanted to make an acetylene "bang". I was inspired by making a Hydrogen/Oxygen bang (plastic milk bottle, water, electrodes to separate the H and O2, and a light bulb with glass removed as the electronic ignition). I fired up the oxy torch, got the flame right to ensure the correct mix of oxy and acetylene then put the flame out by touching the tip on the workbench. I planned to fill a plastic bag, then ignite it from a safe distance with a trail of petrol. There had been a nice big garbage bag in the workshop - but at the time, I just could not find it. In fact, I was very annoyed because the only thing I could find was a tiny sandwich bag. Believe me, I looked and looked for the garbage bag. In the end, I gave up, filled the tiny sandwich bag weighted with a clod of earth, and tossed it into some flames about 10m away (disposing of boxes, and paper etc the old fashioned way).

In that split second, things went from teenage curiosity about whether this would make a pop at all, to completely stunned. Reeling. I couldn't hear anything out of my right ear as it was ringing so loud (I'd been slightly side-on when the bag hit the flames). The only other thing that has come close was a high power rifle going off 1 foot away from my ear. It was like a massive clap of thunder directly overhead. The explosion was so loud that the noise echoed and rolled around the hills for several seconds. Cattle stampeded all over the farm. Neighbours came to check. There were fragments of smouldering boxes all over - the fire having been well and truly put out and the contents scattered. And the only thing I could think about was........ thank fuck I didn't find the garbage bag!!! :-o"

Back