Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

FJ40 - Complete Plug-and-Play Wiring Harness

checkmate3001

Country Flag
united_states
Hello all,
I've done some lurking and searching, but haven't found what I'm looking for so I thought I'd ask.

My dad has an FJ40 that he loves. I've been trying to help him out by fixing it up. The person he bought it off of did a real number on the wiring when they decided to install a car alarm on the thing. There are so many splices and extra wires everywhere that it blows my mind. These things aren't that technical, so there is no reason for there to be so many extra wires.

My goal is to re-wire it for him. I'm looking for something fancy that probably doesn't exist. I would love to find an entire wiring kit for the FJ40 with a Chevy engine. I suppose even just a wiring harness for an FJ40 would be fine and could be adapted for the Chevy engine.

Any tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

You could always try www.painlessperformance.com too. they might have something that would work on that application made up. I used factory harness on mine and ran separate gauges to get exact readings. There's always a way to do something

Here in Australia there are 100's of 40 series hanging around and any number of them being striped for parts. I just bought another wiring loom from a 1983 HJ47 (super glow 2H) for $200 which was very carefully removed with plugs attached. A FJ40 petrol wiring loom would be even cheaper and more common, I then pull the loom apart and re-tape, check for breaks etc.

Back