Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

FJ40 - my forever love

marcoe14

Country Flag
colombia
Hello, my name is MARCO, I am from Medellín Colombia.

I am a former FJ40 owner, nowadays I drive a 2021 4runner SR5 with no mods (1200 mi). I sign to this forum to see if I can help with anything and to learn a lot. I´ve read many guys with lots of experience and knowledge, so "together is better".
Edit: I forgot this:
Plans for your Cruiser: to my 4Runner I am still planning mods. I just bought it, so first I want to feel it and then upgrade it. I bought a Dodge Journey after my FJ40. I needed a family car and I couldn´t afford a Toyota by that time. Now I need to get used to the new Runner and how it rides/feels.

4x4 experience: Since my grandpa, my family has been using offroaders to work. I´ve been off-roading with my father and uncles since I know myself. The lands of my family were very extensive without any road. So offroading was the only way to work the land. 7 years ago I moved to the City, but offroading is in my veins.

Talking about my ex-FJ, I tried to keep it original, only mods were suspension and tires. Most of my time and money was consumed by fixing it and trying to keep it original. More like deconstructing someone else´s project to make it original. The previous owner used many generic parts and "adaptations" so I put a lot of effort to make it original again. I love everything about my FJ40, except the temperature inside it (in a tropical climate). I love how raw it is, no luxury, no silly accessories. I enjoy it for 5 years (2010-2016), got married, and bye-bye FJ :disrelieved:

My fj40 looked exactly like this one:
FJ40 - Dark Gray_4.png

Sorry if my English is not very good looking ;)

Last edited:
Welcome Marcoe, you will find may liked minded people on here who love 40's. Love theodel.

Any pics of you 40?

Yes, I have pics of my early years with it, before restoration. This is how I bought it. I will try to find pics after changing it back to its original color and original bumper.

Attachments

• fj 1.png
    fj 1.png
    306.2 KB · Views: 36
  • fj 2.png
    fj 2.png
    281.1 KB · Views: 39
Hi Marco, are you saying that you had to make a choice between getting married and the FJ?

No, When I got married I opened a Dental Clinic with my wife and we start to run mobile health brigades and we need a vehicle that can fit 2 dentists, 2 dental assistants, 1 driver (myself), and some big equipment (2 dental portable stretchers, 2 air compressors and 2 duffel bags with equipment). Definitely, an FJ40 was not the car and we had no money to buy another Toyota, so we bought a Dodge Journey which did the job amazing and was very comfortable for our needs.

No, When I got married I opened a Dental Clinic with my wife and we start to run mobile health brigades and we need a vehicle that can fit 2 dentists, 2 dental assistants, 1 driver (myself), and some big equipment (2 dental portable stretchers, 2 air compressors and 2 duffel bags with equipment). Definitely, an FJ40 was not the car and we had no money to buy another Toyota, so we bought a Dodge Journey which did the job amazing and was very comfortable for our needs.
Welcome Marco!
Interesting that you have done what we are planning to do soon, my wife is a dentist from Brasil, we live in the UK now but one thing we are planning is to take a friends mobile clinic trailer into the distant coastal villages along the North Eastern coast of Brasil for a few months to help where we can. Already done a few week long overland journeys along the beach roads heading north though looks like it will be a hilux we will use as its hard to find good sensibly priced LC out there :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back