Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

FOR SALE: 1991 HDJ81 4.2 VX LTD Snow Edition in grey

devonnick

I have hung onto this as long as possible but it is time for it to go as I am going through divorce and need the money :crying-yellow:

I purchased the car in June 2012 for £6,500 as I wanted a rust free Jap import. The objective was to get the few jobs done (see below) to bring it up to top condition and then use it until they buried me in it. However, 'life' has got in the way and it is therefore reluctantly for sale. It is one of the early 80 Series with the very rare factory Snow Edition option, which gives you the winch and snorkel; it still has the factory wallet with the winch accessories and the cover for the winch. The mileage is 140K KM although I cannot verify this. I have only done about 1,000 miles maximum in the car since I bought it.

THE GOOD:

• Chassis is totally rust free, as is the rest of the vehicle apart from one corner of the rear offside window, but the rust here is surface only
  • Front CV joints were done just before I bought it
  • Just had the turbo re-built with proper parts (seals gone through lack of use) along with a new front exhaust section (cost of £900)
  • It drives beautifully and I would take it on any journey
  • The seats are not ripped or torn or worn
  • It has never had a tow bar fitted, although may have had the rear bumper tow bar used in Japan
  • The oil pressure is good and I have added £60 of Activ8 to the engine so it can theoretically run dry and still not overheat

THE BAD:

• The drivers window sometimes doesn't work. I think it is an actuator as if you hit the door panel it works again
  • Aerial snapped but the important plastic toothed belt is still there and works
  • I have taken out the fuse for the radio as it was shorting. I have a good replacement unit that comes with the car
  • The air con works but needs a re-charge
  • The speedo stopped working just before the turbo went last summer, but it hasn't been used since until today when I did a 20 mile trip to check the turbo was all ok
  • It has surface rust in the bottom corner of the rear offside window
  • It will come with road legal but worn BFG Mud Terrains. As the name suggests, these are totally useless on tarmac!

You need to see the car before you buy it and I won't sell it to you unless you have done so. I need it out the way and so will take £4,500 cash. I live miles from everywhere in South Devon, so you may want to get a B&B if you are serious. The MOT is September but happy to get a new one while you are here. It is a rare car now and worth much more than the asking price with the few jobs above done. You can email me at [email protected] if you are interested.IMG_0300.jpgIMG_0302.jpg

Yes terrible indeed! Fingers crossed it's just a temporary measure.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Double blow, accident, from which we all wish you a speedy and complete recovery, and forced sale of your Cruiser from which we all wish you a speedy and complete recovery.

Andy

The Landcruiser is Nick's, not mine, and as far as I know he still has it.
i dislocated my elbow and after a week in plaster I'm now in a metal brace for a month.

The Landcruiser is Nick's, not mine, and as far as I know he still has it.
i dislocated my elbow and after a week in plaster I'm now in a metal brace for a month.

Get well soon Thomas, can't imagine how frustrating that brace must be, on top of all the pain and discomfort. :eusa-hand:

Back