Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

For Sale MAZDA RX-8 RX-8 231PS 2004 42k

grantw

Supporter
Hi,
I have for sale my 231 PS, Six speed, LOW MILEAGE (42,000), HOT COMPRESSION TESTED (7.2 - 7.5 @250rpm) , 2004 RX-8 it has mot and tax until late 2013. Annual tax is still in the low bracket so only £270 as opposed to £475 for the later models. It also comes with a Full Mazda service history (FMSH) and no expense has been spared mantaining this car. It has had the oil cooler hose, fuel tank insulation and lazy starter recalls performed. I have a folder full of paper for service history, receipts etc. I'm only selling this lovely car as I have bought an 80 series landcruiser and preparing it for an overland trip.

Major maintenance includes:
Full a/c service & regas
O/S Front anti roll bar linkage
Engine mount replaced
Head light leveling sensor replaced (£750)
Oil cooler hoses replaced
Starter motor upgrade
New battery

I'm part of the RX-8 owners club so know exactly how to take care of these cars. It has always been warmed up correctly and always starts on the button hot or cold. I also replaced the standard coils (this was done at 29k miles) with uprated coils and leads - this is considered essential to maintain a healthy engine! I've also replaced all four tyres with the MUCH better Vredstien as reccomended by the owners club. These provide more grip in wet, cold and icy conditions and currently have around 3/4 of the tread on them.

I bought the car 3 year ago from MKG 3000 in Twickenham - a highly regarded Mazda dealer. I'm only the second owner from new.

The main points in summary are:

Low mileage 42k
Ignition coils & leads uprated
Bought from MKG3000
2 owners from new
Full Mazda service history (FMSH)
Uprated starter
Full Mazda service history from new and every service completed on time.
Any test welcome.
Fully HPI clear, I can provider certificate if needed.

The bad points are as follows:
There is a small dent in the LHS door
Light scratches on the LHS front guard
Rear bumper has two small crease marks on the lower half
Alloys do have curb marks, nothing really bad.
Right hand tail light does get condensation (common fault)

This is the high spec version and includes:
Six speed manual gear box, HID/Xenon lights, Full bose sound system, Full leather seats, Heated seats, Multi functioning steering wheel, Air conditioning, Climate control, Front armrest, Headlight washers, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Rear armrest, Side airbags, Radio/CD Multichanger, Rear headrests, Sports seats, Traction control, Stability Control, Alarm, Body coloured bumpers, Drivers airbag, Electric door mirrors, Front electric windows, Front fog lights, Front head restraints, Heated door mirrors, Height adjustable drivers seat, Isofix child seat anchor points, PAS, Remote central locking, Steering wheel rake adjustment, Trip computer.

IMG_9497.JPG
IMG_9498.JPG
IMG_9499.JPG
IMG_9501.JPG
IMG_9502.JPG
IMG_9504.JPG
IMG_9505.JPG

Nice one! Out of interest, was it sold on here or elsewhere?

Thanks, Was sold on piston heads. To someone who works at piston heads, probably makes no difference though.

The other serious enquiry I had was also from piston heads (the only other place it was advertised)

Good stuff. I always wanted one, but just never got round to going there.

They are amazing amazing cars. The only downside to them is the amount of fuel they use (they make my 80 look frugal)

There are also loads and loads of bad ones out there. They don't take well to being driven like an old lady (engine cokes up) .. so part of the preventative maintenance routine is to redline it (at 9.5k RPM) every time you drive it :D Full engine rebuild on these is at worst case £3k ... which is pretty darn cheap really! There is a guy (Clive Hayward) that will rebuild the engine and then even have it under warranty for a year of track use!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back