Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

'For Your Viewing Pleasure' -- Suggestions for Hidden YouTube Gems?

Yay! --thread archaeology time again.

Here are a couple of new ones I've stumbled across recently

1: COLIN FURZE -- I'd never heard of this guy before. He just popped up in my feed one day and I thought he was just another YouTuber. But, apparently he's been on Sky, so is a 'proper' telly person. Anyway, I've been watching this playlist, where he builds an underground bunker and secret tunnel under his house. Just because it's the kind of mad shit I bet a lot of us would like to do, given the chance.... and a huge wodge of cash:

DISCLAIMER: I've only watched his vids at night, with the sound off and subtitles on. So he may have the most annoying personality and voice in the known universe. I just wouldn't know.

2: WRISTWATCH REVIVAL --another one which popped up randomly on my YT feed and which I clicked on out of idle curiosity. Basically this guy buys old broken watches off eBay and takes them apart and tries to get them going again. It sounds tedious beyond belief, but I find it strangely fascinating. I love watching 'machinery' being disassembled and reassembled and seeing a proper craftsman at work.Watching him dismantle a watch down to the individual cog wheels and put it back together again is like watching someone rebuild a gearbox... only with tweezers instead of an impact wrench.

3: JARED OWEN --this guy makes 3D animations showing how various things work. Ranging from simple stuff like locks, to the space shuttle. They're a bit of a mixed bag. Some are better than others. But, again, interesting for those of us who like to tinker and pull things apart to see what makes them go.

Nice one Karl.
I love the way she gets stuck in using basic improvised tools, wouldn't want my fingers near the jaws of those pliers 're inserting collects though !
This could be the Toyota production line of the future !!

Only the ones that use diesel as perfume

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

By coincidence, I just stumbled upon that channel myself a week or so ago. I nearly didn't watch the vid as it looked like one of those annoying "look at my hawt girlfriend, everyone!" ones on YouTube, that masquerade as being about mechanicals or suchlike.

After watching a couple of her vids, I'm still not completely convinced she's legit. She's just a bit too pretty and it all looks a bit too much like someone's told her what to do at each stage [the way she handles the tools looks a bit 'unpracticed' to me]. But maybe that's just me being an old cynic as most of the mechanics I know look like a sack of spuds in an oil-covered boiler suit.

Must admit that that thought also occurred to me; given the level of skill and knowledge required to do what she did, you would have become a very experienced user of most hand tools and such like. She simply doesn't handle the tools like a old pro would, they seem unfamiliar in her hands....but again, that just may be me being cynical (and old, yes, certainly old :icon-rolleyes:) .

She looks pretty competent to me , women don't move like men because they don't have the inherent strength we take for granted . However I'd happily volunteer to give her some tool training :icon-biggrin:

I'm amazed how she does those motor rebuilds. I'm sure I'd cock it up somehow and it would end in clouds of smoke and high grade swearing!

After buying all the tools, I still feel car mechanics is super human task :). Instead of trying to learn on 200, I should ve started on something easier.

Anybody at all can dismantle a car into single separate components Raj and if you label them as they come off 54321 you only have to put them back on 12345 . Car , washing machine , cooker , laptop , its all the same in that respect and by doing it you will often find an obvious problem that is beyond your ability to repair , so you buy a new part or take it to an expert to repair for you .

What Landcruisers are these on the roof of the world

Back