Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front brake disc splash guards / dust shields

I gave up trying to separate the hub from the wheel bearing in the knuckle, pullers wasn't up to it and can't sit it appropriately in my 30 ton press, and the bearing is ok so wasn't too keen on fighting it to change parts that wern't worn. I know you say my original bearing wouldn't necessarily be damaged after pressing out the hub and could be reused, I wasn't keen on reusing it.

So, I cut a small slot in my new shiny splash guard and flexed it over the knuckle / hub and bolted it on. You can see in my pics, it actually didn't turn too messy at all, I just made a small cut in the middle roughly of the wider end and that gave me enough play to flex it on.

I changed the upper ball-joint too, that took 5 - 10 tonne to remove.

IMG-3492.jpg

IMG-3494.jpg

IMG-3490.jpg

Glad you've got it sorted. Sorry I couldn't add any further than the Manual pages but I've not had to remove the front bearing so no personal experience that could help

That looks like a great workaround. Thanks for posting the pics. I might replace mine one day!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

That's a handy site but I notice it doesn't show the diagram for the front stabiliser arms / drop links. Does anyone know the torque figures for the front drop links? That section is missing from the pdf manual I have from the toyota workshop manual

EDIT: My mistake, I found the diagram for the stabiliser droplinks under the front shock absorber diagram. Does anyone know the torque figure for the droplink upper nut that bolts onto the anti-roll bar.

Last edited:
Back