Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Frontrunner Awning

Andrew Brierley

Country Flag
england
Does anyone have experience of fitting an awning to a Frontrunner roof rack? Frontrunner only seem to list a fully removable one with 5 poles, which with the best of intentions just ain't gonna come out of the bag. Ideally I would like a self-supporting one like the Hannibal, but I'm really not sure that the rack will take the strain unless I could find a way of mounting it on the cross-members rather than the side of the rack. All ideas very welcome. Tx

My FoxWing uses custom mounts made up by JW - drill trhough the side bar and the cross-strut to bolt onto - very secure so far ... Have a look on my Jan 2011 thread - think there's some pics there...

Last edited:
Hi, I have a Safari-Equip "Bat-Wing" awning that is free standing, easily attached to my "Frontrunner" roof rack, easy to open and put away, less than a minute for each operation, provision for guy ropes if you fancy you might need them, superbly engineered, quality materials, sound like a salesman don' I? I have no connection with them other than I am a very satisfied customer, I'd post a piccy but that's way above my pay level. Used it in the Pyrenees this September (2012), either rain or sun-superb. Best Regards

Hi again, forgot to say it took around 3 hours to fit and it was easy with two of us. Regards

Back