Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fuel Consumption New 2017 79 series GXL Single Cab

Jeep man

Country Flag
australia
I am thinking of buying a 2017 on wards single cab GXL 79 series Landcruiser. The rating Toyota give it is 10.7L/100 km. The problem with this rating is that it is an average and to be honest not that trust worthy. I would like to find out from an owner exactly what fuel consumption they are getting and under what conditions. ie. What speed they were travelling? What payload on the tray? Open road country driving? City/suburban driving? Hilly, flat or undulating road? Head wind or tail wind? Towing or not towing?

I have tried to Google the answer to no avail. All the vehicle reviews quote is the 10.7L/100 from Toyota with no insight into an independent test or their own test being carried out. There is a little more info on the dual cab but could not find anything on the single cab version.

Can any body help me with some good information.

Regards
Jeep man

That figure would be fairly close with no load and driving conservatively

My truck is a 76 GXL wagon I get about 10 litres to the 100km on average. I sometimes tow owing a camper trailer with boat on top and this does not have much of a impact on consumption. Road conditions: bitumen freeway and medium difficulty off road tracks. I noticed the more right pedal over 105 kph consumption is effected. However considering the weight of the rig and the extras added it can be expected this fuel consumption figures. Sorry I cant be more exact. Hope this helps.

Back