Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
zimbabwe
Interesting article here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21238363

on fuel costs per country. Pity we don't have Venezuela's prices - about £2.00 to fill a 120's tank :icon-cool: :dance: But then we'd need to have their president - and the price differential suddenly becomes irrelevant!! :icon-rolleyes:

I see South Africa is still one of the cheapest countries listed :?

Conveniently they seem to have missed Australia where they have a weekly (or bi-weekly) price cycle that changes from City (or Suburb) to City... which makes it one stage from being a lottery as to how much it costs to fill up. The only good news is that it's mainly the E10 carp that they vary the price on, 98 and Diesel stays pretty much constant and FJ73's drink enough 98 that you need to keep an eye on it!

£127 to fill my land cruiser if it was completely empty and without tax £55, Damn you greedy government :icon-evil:

It always annoys me that we pay around 50% excise/fuel duty and then pay VAT on the total on top! :icon-evil:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Don't forget insurance premium tax, and what do we get for it?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah but without tax we would have a corrupt government , terrible traffic problems , a failing health service , mass unemployment , a useless police force , high crime rate , pathetic education facilities , a farcical justice system , and terrible immigration problems and a country going to the dogs .
.............................................................................................................................. Wait a minute ......... What do they do with the tax money ?!?

Yeah but without tax we would have a corrupt government , terrible traffic problems , a failing health service , mass unemployment , a useless police force , high crime rate , pathetic education facilities , a farcical justice system , and terrible immigration problems and a country going to the dogs .
.............................................................................................................................. Wait a minute ......... What do they do with the tax money ?!?
Hi H07,

You really had me believing for a while, until almost at the end.

Gra.

Back