Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fuel problems help required.

stumog

Country Flag
england
So I have had a bit of a lose in power or a splutter every now and again but coming back Sunday the cruiser stalled pulling up to a round about after a long 70mpg run. I switched over to the sub and ran fine.
Today started off ok but when it was hot and slow manovering stalled again. Fired on sub no issues.

I spoke with Sam ages ago who said mine had a filter thing in the system but I can't find anything is anyone familiar with the below system?

I have already checked the pick up in main tank

The pusher pump where you'd expect something to be just has a drain on the bottom.

20230613_194834.jpg
20230613_194829.jpg

Sympathise with ya Stu.... Still going through mine! While I was looking through the LCC site for inspiration, I did notice one of Chris's messages mentioning the additional filtration he'd done. But apologies can't remember what thread it was on.

Cheers bodie I spoke with Sam about this last night yet can't find the filter. What i thought was it was just a drain. Will be looking at solenoid and pipe next.

Well, I hope you have more luck than I'm having at the moment!! Trying to avoid going down that expensive, 'process of elimination' road......ie. the replace all method!!

What's the "sub" you switched over to? Is your vehicle converted to run on some other fuel

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What's the "sub" you switched over to? Is your vehicle converted to run on some other fuel
No it has 2 diesel tanks for extended range.

So stuff has escalated
While running on the sub tank as lazy to fill up the cruiser had a stalling moment. So on my way home picked up a diesel filter and changed. On a very short trip last night seemed better. Off to Wales today so time will tell.

The old filter did look pretty minging inside. Fingers crossed

Well. Its seems to be related to fixing the air con. If I run with it off no issues. Air con on and the revs drop to 300. The actuator appears to be working as it clean on the rod but doing nothing. So I am going to have an adjustment one night this week

Clutch isn't seizing in the pump is it. Sounds like something is dragging rpm down. It's a bit of an odd one.

The solenoid isn't even remotely touching the fuel pump

I would check all the vacuum lines anyway, but does appear that the 'idle up' setting when AC is switched on is quite a way off?

Regards

Dave

Back