Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fuel Tank Size

warrenpfo

I drained my fuel tank today just to make sure there was no crap inside it and then flushed it out with 5l of diesel. I drained the filter and filled it up with clean diesel and then put the drain plug back in and put 5l back in and then off to the petrol station to fill her up.

As much as I tried and shook the car and jumped on the tow bar and even moved her forward and back braking hard I could not get more than 80l in her. :? Plus the 5 I put in to get to the station makes 85l max.

I thought I had a 96l tank according to the manual but that must be wrong.

Oh and reserve gets me 15miles exact driving like Miss Daisy and free weeling down the hills but no more as I ran out at the top of my road primed her jumpedin and just got in the driveway.

On my cruisers I always put in more than 80 litres as soon as the warning light is on. Often more than 85, and up to 92 without it being empty.

Been down to bristol today to pick a truck up and i put 100 pounds in it at 125 pl. Didnt notice how many litres tho.
karl

karl wester said:
Been down to bristol today to pick a truck up and i put 100 pounds in it at 125 pl. Didnt notice how many litres tho.
karl

That would be 80lts then

Back