Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Funny Pictures

AJ.jpg

Clearly it is one side standard and the other side inches.
(It's been more than 100 yrs now, i think, with metric)

Reminds me of my grandfather told me of an old man coming to the shop asking for one pound of coffee. He was told that we don't say that anymore, now it's kilos. Ok then, gimme a pound of kilo.

Changing units of measure is not easy. Even after a 100 years, we still talk about 2x4 and 2x6 when building with wood, even though the 1" planks are not a full inch even.

Reminds me of my grandfather told me of an old man coming to the shop asking for one pound of coffee. He was told that we don't say that anymore, now it's kilos. Ok then, gimme a pound of kilo.

Changing units of measure is not easy. Even after a 100 years, we still talk about 2x4 and 2x6 when building with wood, even though the 1" planks are not a full inch even.

And metric sockets come in 3/4 inch drive, 1/4 inch drive etc etc:think:

I went to a timber merchant to buy some 1" x 3/4" batten, he said we don't sell that now it has to be metric, I said OK give me the equivalent, and he said, I kid you not, how many feet do you need? apparently size had to be metric but length was imperial.

Money went decimal in February 1971, I remember it well.

This makes interesting reading ....

eg.
1 British gallon is the volume consumed by 10 pounds (lbs) of distilled water...

I always wondered why pound is abbreviated to ‘lb’ when lb aren’t contained in the word pound?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Any update on this Chas? We’re all waiting you know… :)
Apparently they were using a drone to deliver and it strayed too close to Gatwick and the SAS destroyed it.

islam.png

I saw this shop this morning so I decided to have a look inside.
Within seconds 2 men in dresses came up to me and asked me what I wanted.
I said ‘do you have a copy of the book on Great Britains policy regarding deportation of illegal immigrants?’
He said ‘Fuck off and get out, don’t ever come back!’
I said ‘Yeah thats the 1 mate. How much is it?’......

Back