Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Funny Pictures

index.jpg
index (9).gif

Shouldn't that title say "Traitorous" . . . . . . :whistle:.

(I have always thought that people who WANT to be Politicians should be barred from standing - we need people who have to get the job done to get out, a sort of Conscription :think: ).

Bob.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Shouldn't that title say "Traitorous" . . . . . . :whistle:.

(I have always thought that people who WANT to be Politicians should be barred from standing - we need people who have to get the job done to get out, a sort of Conscription :think: ).

Bob.
I was a local body councillor for nearly 10 years and had a background in earthmoving and roading.At the first meeting I attended the new mayor said well I suppose we should form some committees so I said yes and the most important committee is the works committee and there is only one person qualified to run that.He said who? My reply was Me and I got more work done than had ever been done before because I knew how the system worked.The ratepayers must have liked me because I kept on being re-elected with increased majorities.But I now look back on this time as a wasted effort because totally unqualified idiots get in parliament and on local councils and
Have no idea how to do things.

I was a local body councillor for nearly 10 years and had a background in earthmoving and roading.At the first meeting I attended the new mayor said well I suppose we should form some committees so I said yes and the most important committee is the works committee and there is only one person qualified to run that.He said who? My reply was Me and I got more work done than had ever been done before because I knew how the system worked.The ratepayers must have liked me because I kept on being re-elected with increased majorities.But I now look back on this time as a wasted effort because totally unqualified idiots get in parliament and on local councils and
Have no idea how to do things.
By and large (present company excepted of course) people go into politics because they’re too crap to get a proper job!

By and large (present company excepted of course) people go into politics because they’re too crap to get a proper job!
I was in my 60’s and thought I should do something for the community and never knew councillors got paid until after I got elected.I always thought it was
A community good thing.My wife and myself were involved in rugby as coaches,my wife looked after jerseys,the shop,the kitchen for after match fictions for kids and senior players and then were foundation members of
A new regional. Rugby union North Harbour which was the northern area of the Auckland Rugby Union.We ran the match days,tickets,made cash drawers for the gates and enjoyed it but after about 30 years gave it away and then the rugby folks made a mistake and made me their first life member when really it should have gone to my wife.So we got involved in things.Had fun.

I was in my 60’s and thought I should do something for the community and never knew councillors got paid until after I got elected.I always thought it was
A community good thing.My wife and myself were involved in rugby as coaches,my wife looked after jerseys,the shop,the kitchen for after match fictions for kids and senior players and then were foundation members of
A new regional. Rugby union North Harbour which was the northern area of the Auckland Rugby Union.We ran the match days,tickets,made cash drawers for the gates and enjoyed it but after about 30 years gave it away and then the rugby folks made a mistake and made me their first life member when really it should have gone to my wife.So we got involved in things.Had fun.
Good on yer Pat... There is No denying the Kiwis are Passionate about Rugby.. When i first went to NZ France had just knocked them out of the World Cup.. (not for the first time)... It was the most depressing place id ever been:lol:.... It was that Bad i stayed for 3 yrs.... ILove NZ with a passion.. Have some great friends and memories. If i ever win the Lottery thats where im off...

That’s the trouble, they need more people like you in politics that have some proper life experience but sadly the reality is very different.

Not so much funny as amazing.
Artillery suppressors

The business of firing explosive shells over a long distance is obviously a noisy one. There are reasons why you'd want to reduce that noise, one of those is keeping the neighbours happy.

This image is one of several taken at an artillery range in Germany. The photo shows giant suppressors that are being used on a 155mm self-propelled gun. It's estimated that these cost around $100,000 to build and reduce sound produced by the guns as much as 20 decibels. They're still loud obviously, but not nearly as annoying for the locals.

suppressors.jpg

Perhaps the Germans have got a sense of humour after all - I wonder if the neighbours are happier now that they've replaced loud bangs with giant cocks?

:icon-wink:

Not so much funny as amazing.
Artillery suppressors

The business of firing explosive shells over a long distance is obviously a noisy one. There are reasons why you'd want to reduce that noise, one of those is keeping the neighbours happy.

This image is one of several taken at an artillery range in Germany. The photo shows giant suppressors that are being used on a 155mm self-propelled gun. It's estimated that these cost around $100,000 to build and reduce sound produced by the guns as much as 20 decibels. They're still loud obviously, but not nearly as annoying for the locals.

View attachment 155286
It wouldn't surprise me with the german environ-mentalists

Back