Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

G’day from South Aus

Dave Loh

Country Flag
australia
Hi i’m Dave and my wife and three kids love 4WDing and camping whenever we get the chance. We’ from the Adelaide hills and I’ve been a 4WD nut since before I could drive. My uncle had an 80 since I was little and I always loved the look and capabilities of it. I’ve dabbled in other cars (Pajero, Hilux, Patrol Prado) but finally got my HZ J80 (4.2litre N/A diesel) and haven’t been disappointed. We’ve put an aftermarket turbo and intercooler in it to get it up the freeway at over 60km/h and a 2” lift with 33’s to keep it off the ground. We’ve got all the standard gear roof rack, bull bar, UHF, rear draws, winch and airbags in the rear springs all set up for family touring and it has done Cape York and Tassie with a smile, as well as all the smaller and boys trips we’ve done.
I’d love to lock it front and rear and respray it to give it another lease on life, as well as add a few other niceties and bar work to protect it a bit more. Aside from that (and maybe dropping a factory turbo diesel in it ) i’m happy with it and we just love going bush with it!
Thanks for letting me join and I hope to gain and give info where I can.
Cheers!
Dave.

Hi i’m Dave and my wife and three kids love 4WDing and camping whenever we get the chance. We’ from the Adelaide hills and I’ve been a 4WD nut since before I could drive. My uncle had an 80 since I was little and I always loved the look and capabilities of it. I’ve dabbled in other cars (Pajero, Hilux, Patrol Prado) but finally got my HZ J80 (4.2litre N/A diesel) and haven’t been disappointed. We’ve put an aftermarket turbo and intercooler in it to get it up the freeway at over 60km/h and a 2” lift with 33’s to keep it off the ground. We’ve got all the standard gear roof rack, bull bar, UHF, rear draws, winch and airbags in the rear springs all set up for family touring and it has done Cape York and Tassie with a smile, as well as all the smaller and boys trips we’ve done.
I’d love to lock it front and rear and respray it to give it another lease on life, as well as add a few other niceties and bar work to protect it a bit more. Aside from that (and maybe dropping a factory turbo diesel in it ) i’m happy with it and we just love going bush with it!
Thanks for letting me join and I hope to gain and give info where I can.
Cheers!
Dave.

Welcome aboard Dave, I’ve left my HZJ 80 without a turbo and we get along fine cruising at 120 kph (Max) a sign that both the truck and me are just old-timers :lol:

Back