Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

G'day

Batts88

Country Flag
australia
Batts here living in QLD I have a 1971 FJ45 I bought it early last yr drove it for a couple of months then deregistered it to start restoring the old girl.

The engine was replaced by previous owner 40yrs ago with a 2H diesel it starts and runs well it has a 4 speed box not sure if that was original or it replaced a 3 speed. I'm not planning on doing any big mods just cleaning up the chassis, repainting it and the body and removing any rust so it's back in good nick so I can start driving it again.

I've been driving 4wd's since the late 1980's my 1st one being an FJ40 I've had numerous other Toyotas and other brands but good to get back into a 40 series. It was a big eye opener for my 22yr old daughter last yr when I bought the FJ45 and took her for a drive she couldn't believe how loud it was inside the cabin with no insulation or A/C and lots of rattles it has plenty of character.

Attachments

• 20200510_130130.jpg
    20200510_130130.jpg
    546 KB · Views: 25
Hi Batts,

Welcome....
As far as I'm aware the 2H either had a 4speed or a 5. Mine has a 5 speed.
What do you mean 'no a/c'? You have kick vents and quarter lights or are you telling me that this form of a/c has been superseded?!!

Your 45 looks pretty nice.
Look forward to watching the progress.

Regards,
Rodger

Back