Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

good year Duratrac

froggy Steve

Supporter
Country Flag
europe
Any good? See this link for Prices in France - looks quite attractive (price I mean) but are they any good _ is anyone using them? and probably more important at the moment, will they fit without a suspension lift (original size 265/70/16 - new size 265/75/16)? I will be having a suspension lift, but running out of funds (as normal)

cheers

Steve

I had an older set on my 90 years ago then put them on my navara. really good tyres lots of miles on them. a little more of a road tyre then a bfg at but still hold there own and mine were bald in the end. wear very even as well. I am not sure about the fit on std suspension. I have 265 70 16 bfg at on my 95 and they used to rub when new but the body work and tyres now fit together very well.
stu

These new (er) ones look like an in between MT and AT, a touch more aggressive than the BFG AT - mind you, better than the Dunlop grand treks that are on at the moment. Me thinks I must do more ear bending on 'er indoors!

Steve

i am not sure they are more mt then at. mine were pretty smooth when i finished and they were second hand when i got them so i will not argue. #
stu

I am going by the look of the tread pattern, the gaps look a bit bigger than the BFG A/T 's I had on my Pick up, hence the thought of an in between tyre.
Steve

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
the outside was bigger but i am preety sure the middle is close together but with the bigger outters to bit in when needed in the soft stuff.
stu

Ah, the 64,000$ or 20€ question!

I have always been happy with BFG at's - had them on my 4 track, trooper, and Pick up, (Not the the RR though, I ended up with a full set of somethings* for free as they were recalled for tyre wall blow outs! **
(* cant remember what they were)
** a bloomin long time ago too! The RR was a 1990 3.9 V8, and we had it when it was 5 years old with 38k on it!
The Wrangler Duratracs look good, but are they any good?

Steve

Last edited:
The life on the BFG's is amazing ... very few people actually manage to wear a set out. Given their formidable reputation I don't think the saving would be worth it. Just my 2c though :)

the duratracs are good but in the end its up to you. I have had both like them both, last time i had to buy some i went for BFG at to be honest. next time I think i would like to try the cooper st they are ment to be good. I have heard that the bfg at has long life but is a bit let down because the rubber compound is a little to hard for a at tyre???? not sure really.
what ever you do DONT buy wrangler mtr they do suck!!
stu

A formidable reputation, but is it trading on faded glories? On the face of it, 15 years (if not more) of technology and design have passed since the ATKO was released...is it *really* still that good by comparison to modern stuff or is just the "Hoover effect" that keeps it at the top?

Back