Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

GPS 9600baud / GPS 4800 baud

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
I have been playing wit MS Autoroute.

I have a bluetooth 9600 baud gps receiver, which connects to my smart phone with Tomtom, all well and good, and as reliable as the day is long.

However, MS Autoroute does not support 9600 baud, and as such I would like to try to get either a wired usb gps receiver, or a wireless one.

Then again, I can decide if Autoroute works ok, and I could buy one.

Has any one used MS Autoroute? or is it considered not very good in respect of mapping and directions etc.

I know some of you use mapsource, but it seems a little to clever for me.

What other mapping should I consider, and still be able to use my current 9600 gps receiver, or will that simply never work on a laptop?

G.

AR talks to my Garmin GPS IV in the 100 which IIRC is 4800 baud so communication speed may not be the problem. The directions and general functionality of AR are fine IMO but it's more aimed at planning a route than traveling it so the presentation of information in navigation mode is not as idiot proof as a TomTom or PC Navigator.

Thanks Jon,

What would you suggest for PC mapping, bear in mind, I only need proper tarmac, paved roads.

I have a 9600 baud bluetooth gps, and don't really want to spend if I don't have to.

Graham

Graham said:
What would you suggest for PC mapping, bear in mind, I only need proper tarmac, paved roads.
I'm trying a few different options at the moment and PC Navigator looks the most promising at the moment and there's even a free version :)

Back