Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

grease on the ABS ring

Taken two out myself today and it was like an episode of Time Team. I had to dig them out.

Sorry what was that Chris- £1 coins? 'Took two out myself today and it was like an episode of Time team' Now I'm not trying to suggest you're tight or anything...

Just to jack up the metal particle theory my ABS played up when the king pin bearings wore. I think due to metal particles stuck to the magnet this allowed false readings. Cleaned and rebuilt the hubs and no probs since.

Yes I'm trying to eliminate this as I go but the problem for me started after rebuilding the NS hub and changing the MC at the same time. I had problem with abs activating at near stop, Brake warning light was on and ABS light was intermittent.

Bloody neverlasting Milner inner axle seal failed after a few weeks but could have been leaking from day 1. Changing the reservoir on the MC back to the Toyota one onto the milner body solved the brake warning light, but other problems persisted. In replacing the axle seal I discovered the goopooh covered rotor and sensor so that has now been eliminated although made no difference. So electrical inspection is next up.

Actually I really should pull the abs fuse and test drive the truck in the next instance to see how it handles under normal braking before moving to the next stage.

One thing we have always been clear on within the forum is to only ever use genuine inner axle oil seals. Many after market parts are good. But inner seals, only OEM.

One thing we have always been clear on within the forum is to only ever use genuine inner axle oil seals. Many after market parts are good. But inner seals, only OEM.
Thanks Chris you make me feel better about it!

isn't hindsight a wonderful foresight

What a pity it is not possible to charge Milners for all the wasted time caused by supplying inadequate parts.

Its sort of ironic that one buys the everlasting Toyota landcruiser and then slowly rebuilds it with substandard aftermarket parts - when in fact one could have bought a landrover whereby the aftermarket parts are actually better than the originals?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Its sort of ironic that one buys the everlasting Toyota landcruiser and then slowly rebuilds it with substandard aftermarket parts - when in fact one could have bought a landrover whereby the aftermarket parts are actually better than the originals?

Very true....or just use original Toyota parts and do the job once every 200k miles

Mercedes say it the best. "Every time a non genuine part is fitted its a little less Mercedes. ."

Mercedes say it the best. "Every time a non genuine part is fitted its a little less Mercedes. ."

I have not seen that quote before, by coincidence I am trying out the fit of a Mercedes electric fan on my 80 tomorrow, V8 MK VIII Lincoln Town Car fans (presently fitted) are getting a bit thin on the ground.

Regards

Dave

I have not seen that quote before, by coincidence I am trying out the fit of a Mercedes electric fan on my 80 tomorrow, V8 MK VIII Lincoln Town Car fans (presently fitted) are getting a bit thin on the ground.

Regards

Dave
Me neither until i was looking for parts the other night:D

One of the good things with merc im told is parts are not region specific, if they still make it you can get it from any dealer in the world.

Back