Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Grey 75

Grey75

Country Flag
australia
This is my first post and I would like to tell you about my HZJ75 ute which I bought in May this year, I found it on eBay and the add read good cond but needs a new gearbox. I went to pick it up and asked the woman if it was still drivable and she said yes but it makes a bit of noise,so I started to drive home and the clunking sound from the gearbox was so bad I stopped and called a tow truck. Once I got it home the first thing was to have a look in through the Pto cover plate on the transfer case and I could see teeth missing everywhere, so I rebuilt the transfer and took it for a drive and found it would not change from 3rd back to 2nd without crunching so it all came out again and I rebuilt the gearbox which I should have done in the first place. I replaced all the steering and rebuilt the swivel hubs with Terrain Tamer parts, next was the brakes which were so bad it was scary to drive, I took out the bendix pads and replaced with softer ones and that improved it a bit but the brakes we're still very average so I fitted an 80 series dual diafragm booster and a 1 inch bore master cylinder which has given me very good brakes now. I fitted new uni joints and a pinion seal to the rear diff, next came the body which I completely dismantled and repaired all the rust around the windscreen frame by cutting it out and welding in new steel, it also had rust in the guards so l cut that out as well, the rest of the panels were stripped and repaired and then I sprayed them all off the car, the colour is the original grey metallic in 2 pac which looks very nice, I fitted a new roof lining and made new door panels and re used the original vinyl trim, the seats were in quite good cond so I haven't touched them yet but they are not very comfortable so they will be replaced with ford xr6 seats. I replaced the 31 inch tyres with 33s on 8.5 inch alloys painted black, it has a 2 inch lift already so I won't do anything to the suspension for the moment, it will mainly be used for towing my boat with the odd trip up to Fraser Island.
Craig.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

This is my first post and I would like to tell you about my HZJ75 ute which I bought in May this year, I found it on eBay and the add read good cond but needs a new gearbox. I went to pick it up and asked the woman if it was still drivable and she said yes but it makes a bit of noise,so I started to drive home and the clunking sound from the gearbox was so bad I stopped and called a tow truck. Once I got it home the first thing was to have a look in through the Pto cover plate on the transfer case and I could see teeth missing everywhere, so I rebuilt the transfer and took it for a drive and found it would not change from 3rd back to 2nd without crunching so it all came out again and I rebuilt the gearbox which I should have done in the first place. I replaced all the steering and rebuilt the swivel hubs with Terrain Tamer parts, next was the brakes which were so bad it was scary to drive, I took out the bendix pads and replaced with softer ones and that improved it a bit but the brakes we're still very average so I fitted an 80 series dual diafragm booster and a 1 inch bore master cylinder which has given me very good brakes now. I fitted new uni joints and a pinion seal to the rear diff, next came the body which I completely dismantled and repaired all the rust around the windscreen frame by cutting it out and welding in new steel, it also had rust in the guards so l cut that out as well, the rest of the panels were stripped and repaired and then I sprayed them all off the car, the colour is the original grey metallic in 2 pac which looks very nice, I fitted a new roof lining and made new door panels and re used the original vinyl trim, the seats were in quite good cond so I haven't touched them yet but they are not very comfortable so they will be replaced with ford xr6 seats. I replaced the 31 inch tyres with 33s on 8.5 inch alloys painted black, it has a 2 inch lift already so I won't do anything to the suspension for the moment, it will mainly be
used for towing my boat with the odd trip up to Fraser Island.
Craig.

View attachment 107753 View attachment 107754
nicely done Grey & welcome to the club

Nice looking cruiser you have there:D.sounds like a good project:clap:

Oooh, I like that. Very much. More pics required. Welcome to you and your 75

Welcome Grey, nice intro, nice truck.

There's a lot of work behind those few words...

good looking ride ...
i have to ask, what do you blokes do to kill a tranny? sounds like the poor old girl was neglected badly.
at least she has a new caring home.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back