Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hawk wing awning from direct 4x4

That looks a direct copy of the Rhino Rack FoxWing but the hinge pieces are plastic on the Hawk - that said the metal one on my FoxWing broke in heavy wind while on hols last week.

The fabric looks lighter than the foxwing.

For the money it looks fine :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407335472.036612.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407335493.585511.jpg

Not sure wether to keep the long section across to the roof rack, thoughts?

Got it fitted, only difficult part is getting the bolts into the channel at the back.
y5yhy7a2.jpg

u8ebyzu2.jpg

vyhavara.jpg

Got it fitted, only difficult part is getting the bolts into the channel at the back.

Looking great - what are your impressions? Just noticed you're in Bromley - only a few miles from me!

First impressions, the swing arms are made of plastic tubing as well as the up supports. This saves on weight but if it got wet it would be interesting to see if the extra weight caused any problems. Material is coated and looks well. For £199 think it is good value, just need to treat it with some care. Yep, sunny Chislehurst, yourself? Cheers craig

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ok, great value at £199.99.

Its given me an awning style i wanted but couldnt afford, so good so far.

But its hooooge, Ive got a rear facing snorkel and low light bar, so if I spin the snorkel round to forward facing and push it righ up, it still overhangs the rear by a good 30cm.

Its a really solid bit of kit, and weighs a few kg's, so for me the next question is what to mount it on.

Photos of other fitted much appreciated!

I was going to buy a alloy expedition rack from the same company (Jims old 78 is their website model!) but no way is it either long enough or heavy duty enough.

Definitely something Ive bought for the future, when the 80 or 100 series is sat on the drive......

How did you manage that, did it come unpegged first? At least you can get replacement parts.
Aye, the wind got under it & I'd only used standard tent pegs to restrain the beast... by the time the wind woke me up it was all going pearshaped :-(

Aye, the wind got under it & I'd only used standard tent pegs to restrain the beast... by the time the wind woke me up it was all going pearshaped :-(
:cry: thought that must be it, we had it up in some strong winds without issue but I used the proper pegs :icon-wink:

Just bit the bullet on this so to speak. Thanks for the feed back guys.

Craig i'm in Woodside

Wey hay! Mine just turned up - just need the bloomin truck back so I can fit it! Snorkel also arrived this morning via the 2 courriers that know where our village is! Oeeer misses, its long isnt it!

Sorry about this grant.....

Forgot to mention, at checkout page, type in Return4x4 in to the promotional box, gets you another 10% off......:whistle:

Pete

looks longer than the foxwing which comfortably fits my 60, unless the 80 is shorter?

Ahh bugger! Will have to remember that discount code for next time.

Anybody else finding a small pool of water in the bottom of the cover when they open it? After the heavy rain recently, went to give a quick demo to some family and undid the bottom zip where I had stored the poles and there was a pool of water:-(
Have checked for holes but can't see any, also wouldn't be 100% the zip is waterproof!

I don't have mine installed yet but I would doubt the zip would be very waterproof.

It was worrying me where the courier had left mine after checking the tracking information saying it had been delivered. Was it with one of the neighbours we don't know yet? Was it just in the front garden?

Turns out I needn't have worries as somehow he managed to get it over the gate that is quite high with no damage!

20140808_175118_Spring Ln.jpg

Still havent found an ideal way to mount it.

Ive looked at a few sets of roofbars but they all slope upwards, but looking at the photos here it looks like an L Bracket is the answer. Means I can remove everything easily when the wing is not in use.

Ive had rhino bars before, pretty damn solid.

Pete

Just spent a pleasant couple of hours with wifey, fitting our new awning. fits a treat, and looks the dogs bits!

20141003_163842.jpg
20141003_162909.jpg
20141003_162925.jpg
Very pleased with the result :)

Back