Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from a wannabe owner

N=Normal and is the default AHC postion, you can travel all day in H or L but you must be under 20mph, as soon as you hit 21mph you AHC will default to N whether you like it or not.

Yes, if you put in H or L and wait for the H or L to stop flashing in you Tachometer then switch off the engine and remove you key, the car should stay in H or L until the next time you adjust it or drive ove 20mph, is this as clear as mud :laughing-rolling:

You are correct in saying, "if I put it up then it should stay up and not show Neutral 10 seconds later if I haven’t moved the car? Same with Low", also be aware, all the doors must be closed including tailgate, the bonnet can be open.

Hope this helps. :)
Perfect, thanks :thumbup:

Well after viewing more cars it’s a definite that I’m not going to be a LC owner anytime soon. I will leave my itch for the time being and save more. Until then thank you for all the help, I will be lurking :icon-biggrin:

Perfect, thanks :thumbup:

Well after viewing more cars it’s a definite that I’m not going to be a LC owner anytime soon. I will leave my itch for the time being and save more. Until then thank you for all the help, I will be lurking :icon-biggrin:
Hi @Class—,

Sad to see your not going to be an LC 100 owner anytime soon. The only thing I can think of, is that you have looked at the bottom of the pile for condition and cost and that has left you with a bad impression.

As with anything, there are people who will just not look after their possessions, Land Cruisers are no exception, and because the amount of work they can do they tend to get abused.

In comparison, you are passing up an opportunity to own one of the best 4x4 ever made, Toyota must have done something right, as over 10 million have been sold since their inception. And I have owned six of them over the years, one of them only had just over 400,000 on the clock when I sold it, and it was still going very strong.:)

Happy lurking, and good luck with whatever vehicle you end up with,:thumbup:

JJ.

P.S, AHC = Avtive Height Control. :):thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back