Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HELLO from South Australia

TURTLE

Country Flag
australia
Hi Lads and Ladetts

My name is Alex

I have a 1990 HDJ80R with 500000 on the clock.

ive only oned her for about 6 months, was pretty tired when i got her due to a neglectfull previous owner but i got her for a good price, was stock apart from 4" lift and 33s. unfrotunately i ony got 1 tank of diesel through her before she spun a big end bearing :rage:
Since purchase i have done a full engine rebuild including pump and injectors
gearbox and transfer rebuild
3" exhaust
part time kit with AVM hubs
front and rear mechanical auto lockers
full front end rebuild with terrain tamer CVs
terain tamer uni joints front n rear
replaced all rod ends
Titan rear draws
2nd battery in rear with DCDC charger
roof rack with roof top tent
awning
TJM alloy winch bar with dominator 12000lb winch
SAAS pillar gage pod with Boost/EGT gauge
16x8 dynamic soft 8 rims with WestLake 35" tyres
upgraded front brakes to larger post 8/92 brakes
(probably things ive missed):)
Paint is terrible but i dont care because its meant for adventure not posing.

basicly i got into 4x4 and camping with my 2008 hilux but i reached the limits of its capabilitys and it was expensive, i didnt want to damage it so i decided to sell and get the 80. i have been preparing the 80 for my dream 4x4 experinece which is doing cape york in june this year. ive been doing a few shake down runs and it has performed brilliantly so far.

my experiance in 4x4 so far has been largly Flinders rangers dry rocky steep terrain, bit of sand down the York peninisular beaches and dunes. Of corse all the local 4x4 tracks like Loveday, Jakem farm, Terowie ect.

personally i am 33 years young and am a qualified mechanic with 10years experience in Toyota. have worked on alot of landcruisers at the shop i was based and obviously all the work on my 80 has been done by myself except for the machine work on the bores and crank. I am friendy and really enjoy helping people out in what ever way i can.

i dont have alot of pics of my cruiser because most of the time ive owned its been in pieces or im driving it but ill upload the 2 i have.
cheers

IMG_20180204_152652.jpg IMG_20180205_134634.jpg

Hi Lads and Ladetts

My name is Alex

I have a 1990 HDJ80R with 500000 on the clock.

ive only oned her for about 6 months, was pretty tired when i got her due to a neglectfull previous owner but i got her for a good price, was stock apart from 4" lift and 33s. unfrotunately i ony got 1 tank of diesel through her before she spun a big end bearing :rage:
Since purchase i have done a full engine rebuild including pump and injectors
gearbox and transfer rebuild
3" exhaust
part time kit with AVM hubs
front and rear mechanical auto lockers
full front end rebuild with terrain tamer CVs
terain tamer uni joints front n rear
replaced all rod ends
Titan rear draws
2nd battery in rear with DCDC charger
roof rack with roof top tent
awning
TJM alloy winch bar with dominator 12000lb winch
SAAS pillar gage pod with Boost/EGT gauge
16x8 dynamic soft 8 rims with WestLake 35" tyres
upgraded front brakes to larger post 8/92 brakes
(probably things ive missed):)
Paint is terrible but i dont care because its meant for adventure not posing.

basicly i got into 4x4 and camping with my 2008 hilux but i reached the limits of its capabilitys and it was expensive, i didnt want to damage it so i decided to sell and get the 80. i have been preparing the 80 for my dream 4x4 experinece which is doing cape york in june this year. ive been doing a few shake down runs and it has performed brilliantly so far.

my experiance in 4x4 so far has been largly Flinders rangers dry rocky steep terrain, bit of sand down the York peninisular beaches and dunes. Of corse all the local 4x4 tracks like Loveday, Jakem farm, Terowie ect.

personally i am 33 years young and am a qualified mechanic with 10years experience in Toyota. have worked on alot of landcruisers at the shop i was based and obviously all the work on my 80 has been done by myself except for the machine work on the bores and crank. I am friendy and really enjoy helping people out in what ever way i can.

i dont have alot of pics of my cruiser because most of the time ive owned its been in pieces or im driving it but ill upload the 2 i have.
cheers

View attachment 142447 View attachment 142448

Looking good there Alex, it’s a pity the BEB’s failed before replacement, but it seems youve got on top of that and some, by the length of the list.

Welcome aboard! :thumbup:

Now that's a proper intro. And.. details in sig line AND an Avatar pic plus photos in the first thread. Well done you've passed the entrance exam.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome Turtle! What Chris said! NICE ONE!

Hi Alex, you’ve excelled yourself there, as Chris said, brilliant intro and a cracking looking truck to boot. :clap:

That’s put me in my place saying before that you’d get the help you need here :lol: it looks like you know a thing or two about Cruisers and by the sound of it you’re not reluctant to get stuck into some serious Cruiser fettling either.

Good to have you aboard.

Best wishes

Rich

Back