Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello from the Fens

Fenlander

Country Flag
england
Hi guys, nice to talk to you.
Lynn (my wife) and I have just got a 2000 4.2 TD Land cruiser VX.
We have never owned a 4x4 and normally go for big engined road cars or bikes.
We were looking for a 70’s Cherokee but somehow finished up with a Toyota!
I know very little about these trucks, and hope I can prevail on your good will to learn.
The car was registered in 2000 has 127k on it and is in pretty good nick apart from a couple of scratched on the bumper and mirrors, some wear on the drivers seat and a sagging head liner.

Im looking forward to have a dig around under the hood and a bit of fun

thanks for all the help in advance

Barry

Hi Barry. Where in the fens are you. I'm just outside wisbech. Welcome. Lots of very knowledgeable folk on here

Hi Gav
I’m not too far from Wisbech myself.
I’m going to be needing that knowledge as I know nothing about 4x4s

Plenty here Barry. I got 8 cruisers and a hilux. 80 breaker not to far away at guyhirn. He breaks 80 and 100 series cruisers (100 is what you have) I'm guessing. Also got a good workshop there and a great couple of mechanics. Couple of social meets on this year too if that takes your fancy. I get out round the local greenlanes a fair bit if you fancy dirtying the tyres sometime.

Hello! We are only a short way away in Cambridge.

Nice to hear from you all. Be nice to meet new group with some new toys.
hopefully I should pick it up tomorrow and the start to find out what needs doing

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm 10 miles West of Huntingdon. Happy to meet up in my little 90 :text-welcomewave:

Finally got it home today (brought at action), so first time I had driven it.
First impression, drives pretty well, good oil pressure et, and no warning lights, but man it’s no sports car! only fault so far is the one we new about, knackered headlining caused by the sun roof leaking.
underneath looks fine but needs a good old wire brush and some Fertain. Should keep me busy for a while.

Welcome on board. I'm in Spalding. Quite a few in the region it seems. Laning sounds a great idea.

We'll be pitched up on the banks of the great River Nene for all of next week if anyone is around.

We'll make some plans for a day or two out on the lanes then it seems. Where exactly on the Nene are you going Jacob?

Oooh watch out for the ghost of Mary queen of Scots. She was beheaded in fotheringhay. Rumour has it she walks the banks of the river at night on the prowl for campers to put the Willie's up!!!!!!! Oooh er missus..........

The Missus and i were at Fotheringhay On Sat afternoon, At the Castle Campsite, Didnt see you 'Tho'..... All gates were closed, There were just Two Druggies smoking Weed in the old Barn Next to the Castle Mound..... That was it really....

We turned up this afternoon. One caravan and one narrowboat. Would make a nice field for a club meet.

Back