Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello, Timpo here....

Timpo

Hi Folks.
Looking to purchase an 80 series sometime in the future so I thought I'd come here to do some research.
Having had a Land Rover for many years, I thought about moving on to owning on and buying a piece of Jap retro muscle. :icon-biggrin:
So please brace yourselves as I'm good at asking stooopid questions........ I do have other uses too, but I'll tell you about them later!:icon-wink:
Cheers.
Timpo.

Welcome to the forum Timpo, good luck with your search. One thing I will say to people looking for a good 80 series is that " the search for a good 80 is strewn with disappointed viewings". People on here will help you though, so don't be afraid to ask. Good ones are few and far between as the newest is 15 years old.

Andy

Welcome to the forum Timpo, good luck with your search. One thing I will say to people looking for a good 80 series is that " the search for a good 80 is strewn with disappointed viewings". People on here will help you though, so don't be afraid to ask. Good ones are few and far between as the newest is 15 years old.

Andy

Cheers Andy.
I do have some mechanical aptitude and a very well equipped garage and shed, so a project vehicle which would disappoint many may be perfect for me, so we'll see. And of course I have no doubt that I will be listening to the advice from the knowing folk on here.

Timpo.

There is one advantage in choosing an 80 above other models, that is that there are far more second hand parts around than any other model Cruiser wise. Do you have a specific spec in mind?

Andy

12V or 24V engine? 12V engines to july 95, 24V Aug 95 to 98. All UK 24V were manual with air con except GS models which had it as an option. All 12V manuals after 92 air con was an option.
Any preference in colour?

Andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not really no.....
as long as it's blue :lol:

Sorry!

Welcome Timpo! They all seem to shine up nicely, but the guys on here will advise you well on what to avoid.

What's your intentions, offroad, towing, mud plugging, touring... any ideas yet?

Last edited:
What's your intentions, offroad, towing, mud plugging, touring... any ideas yet?

Green laning in UK and also the odd foreign trip a few of times a year. I have a good knowledge of tracks in Portugal, and my Portuguese friends are trying to drag me to Northern Africa........

Green laning in UK and also the odd foreign trip a few of times a year. I have a good knowledge of tracks in Portugal, and my Portuguese friends are trying to drag me to Northern Africa........

This will be fun then, some serious stuff going to happen here methinks!

Lifts, racks & carriers... slippery slope time...:lol:

Now...somewhere in my dim and distant past I remember a gentleman from the ukgser forum named Timpo. He was also from Cheshire.

:think:

Now...somewhere in my dim and distant past I remember a gentleman from the ukgser forum named Timpo. He was also from Cheshire.

:think:
Aye... a right Tosser if I recall :icon-wink:

Back