Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello

Paulpen

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hello all

Joined up as im debating getting a landcruiser amazon or colorado of course

Ive had a few four by fours now but looking for a reliable workhorse that also looks good

Ive been though a Honda CR-V, tdi Discovery offroader, Shogun and am currently in a TD5 auto Discovery commercial with heavy duty bumpers and modular wheels.

I do love my TD5 although im not a landy fanboy as I can go long distance in comfort or put a engine and gearbox in the back with loads of room to spare so here come the BUT - Id ideally like 5 seats and ideally its a bit too new and tidy to be using as a work car

Anyway thats me so hellos but seems the chances of finding one could be slim

Hi Paulpen,

I think you should have no problem finding a Land Cruiser.

There are generally 5 diesel models you can chose from, depending on your budget.

There is the 70 series, the 80 series, the 90 series, the 100 series, and the 120 series.

They all have their followers.

If your wanting "over land mostly tarmac, gravel, some rough, distance" then I am guessing the 90 Colorado, or the 120 Land Cruiser.

The 70 series, and the 80 series is more for serious "off road" where the going is serious, and not much tarmac or gravel.

The 100 series, fits some where in there also.

For general long distance gravel, some bad off road, then the 90 series, 100 series, and the 120 series is the vehicle.

The 120 series is by far the most economical, as is some of the last year Colorado's

They all have their fans, they are all great.

Comfort wise, the 70 series and the 80 series offer the most bumps and jolts per mile.

Have fun sorting that lot out, whatever you chose

Gra.

Welcome, another one for the former LR support group :whistle:

Im going for the handy around town and long distance travelling but also need to be able to fit alot in the boot due to work and be able to legally tow quite a bit too :)

If Wikipedia is anything to go by I guess im after and 80 / 90 or 100 LWB

Diesel would be better but dont mind a LPG petrol and would prefer manual but again auto does not bother me :)

Back