Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Help in Kazakhstan

Professor80

Hi All,

I'm currently half way through a roadtrip across Asia. Started in Sydney back in January 2011 and final destination is UK. My Cruiser of choice is an old 75 Series Troopcarrier (1HZ). Solid as a rock!

I've reached Kazakhstan where I will be for some time whilst sorting a few visas for the future...so it gives me chance to sort a few niggling problems with the truck. Primarily the drivers side door handle! Which half snapped in China and feels like its going to come off every time I open door!

Does anyone know where I can hold of parts for Landcruisers in Almaty, Kazakhstan!? Need to keep cost down so preferably 2nd hand. I haven't seen many Troopy's here so guessing parts are going to be rare...

Thanks in advance!
Prof80

Thanks mate. Yeah I'm lining up Astana Motors for a service...however I think they are a Toyota Dealership so I'm not keen to buy additional spare parts at the high cost I'm guessing they'll charge.

Be great if anyone knows of a 2nd hand car spares store or a wreckers in Almaty?

I'll try Horizons Unlimited too!

Cheers
Prof80

I have a mate working there at the mo.

I will ask but hopes are not high, might be worth waiting until in a better place. Not really a major failure though.

are the driver's and front pax door catches not interchangeable? Can the pax one not go to the driver side until a proper repair / replacement can be made?

Thanks Paul, that would be great if your mate had any info. Today I saw a few 70 series around Almaty...they had the same door handles so maybe mmore chance than I thought.

Gary, nice idea mate....but i think my girlfriend might be a bit p1ssed if I swapped and gave her the side the broken one ;-)

Prof80

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hmm - I was thinking that she could always run behind for a bit - get her to use up some of her 30,000 words / day allocation where you don't have to listen :shhh: :mrgreen:

But was really thinking that you could always lean across and open the door for her from the inside. Otherwise she has to do that if it breaks. So you're just being considerate in advance really .... :lol:

Hope you can get it sorted asap, though.

Back