Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Help wanted - lift my Eriba

Jacob100

Supporter
We've gone and picked up another Eriba. This time it's the 'big' one - a 3-berth Troll from the 80s.

1646729542182.png

It's in marvellous original condition for its age but it's crying out for a lift and some BFGs on 15" steel rims.

1646728362930.png

It's not just about offroad ground clearance, aesthetics and the inability to leave things alone - it actually gets beached on our steep drive on the original 13" wheels.

The process as I understand it is quite straightforward:

1. Decouple body from chassis and insert 8-10cm box section at the three mounting points.

1646730068003.png

2. Fit longer shocks.

1646729893879.png

3. Adjust motormover, wheel arches and other bits as necessary.

If anyone fancies lending me a hand with this or point me in the direction of someone who could I would be very grateful.

J

Just wind in the legs let it lie on its hitch ass up and stick some axle stands in at the rear . Then jack up the front .

Shame we live opposite ends of the Country.. I use to do Axle swaps all the Time on Ifor Williams Trailers, Beefing them up for Customers who wanted 3500kg capacity... It really is straight forward Jacob,.... But i guess having a Yard with Lift ramps and all the gear helps.. But im sure your more than capable... Just Attack it Mate.. 'Yool' be Rate'.... Crack On! :thumbup:

Cheers Higgy. I think in this case it's not something I fancy attacking on my own without the right gear.

True Shayne but I just don't have the tools and materials to get this done at home. I would much rather get it into a workshop or yard and get it done quickly and properly instead of having it jacked up outside for two weeks.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back