Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi folks, I'm Justin

jdemers90

Country Flag
united_states
Your name: Justin. I'm normally an observer, but am registering and posting because I have a very specific problem with rear doors that I am looking for your ideas on - so here I am. Great to meet you. I'll post the door issue in the 100 series section unless one of you comes back with alternate directions.

Your Cruiser: '00 100 series Cruiser with 210k miles

Mods on your Cruiser: I have a 2 inch OME lift with diff drop and BFG ATKO2s. All installed last year at about the 190k mark. There is also a light duty bull bar from a previous owner.

Plans for your Cruiser: Would like to add a new rear bumper with spare and water storage in addition to an aftermarket rack that I could sleep on in nice weather (under the stars, not a roof top tent). On the possible list are a compressor to make airing down for off road travel more attractive as well as filling up bike tires.

4x4 Experience: Minimal. Got the Cruiser to enable forest road adventures in the Uinta and Wasatch mountains as well as BLM land all over Utah.

Anything else you think is interesting or relevant: My Cruiser's name is Ginger. She earned that name last summer on the White Rim train in Canyonlands park when 6 of us used her to SAG a 3 day mountain bike ride of the trail. Thew short story goes that I kept reminding my buddies to drive "gingerly" when their turn came up, so everyone started calling her Ginger and me paranoid..She turned 200k on the trail, which was a nice birthday surprise. I'll post some pics so you can meet her too.

A note about the first photo- that is the precise spot of Ginger's 200k. Not planned or expected, but a wonderful coincidence none the less!

DSCF0592.JPGDSCF0629.JPGDSCF0631.JPGDSCF0674.JPG

Justin - '00 Land cruiser 100, 210k Mikes, Park City, UT.

Last edited:
That's a lovely intro, welcome to the forum Justin.

Welcome to the forum Justin, great story and epic epic pictures :thumbup:

Oh my goodness ! What a place, sent the hairs on the back of my neck on end :shock:

Yeah, great intro Justin, welcome to the forum mate.

I can see we're going to be in for a photo treat with you in the club :dance:

What bike(s) have you got? All cross-country/trail or some d/h too?

Looks like heaven for some steep descents there :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

Clive, I trend towards cross country bikes rather than DH. Park City, UT, where I live, has quite a network of trails - about 500 miles. There is certainly downhill riding accessible by lift-service but who wants to ride a lift when you can pedal up 2k feet of beautiful trails. For any of you who know what type 2 fun is, I think this qualifies..

I ride 29rs. My full suspension is a Moots MootoXZ, which is a hand-built titanium frame from Steamboat Springs, Colorado. My hard tail is a steel OnOne with 100mm of front suspension for more "around town" 0-2 hr rides. I have a couple other bikes too, but as this is a LC forum - I'll spare everyone else the details.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

Clive, who wants to ride a lift when you can pedal up 2k feet of beautiful trails. For any of you who know what type 2 fun is, I think this qualifies..

Impressive Justin, nice kit. Actually, there's an answer to your question.... Me!

At my age and state of unfitness, the mere thought of riding UP 2k feet is kinda suicidal!

Used to do loads of xc but nowadays it's all d/h, and not only the biking! :lol:

My kit is ancient by your standards, but good stuff and well maintained.

A carbon Scott full sus for trails and a couple of luminum d/hs, a Scott x30 with a rear coil and a Merida with rear air, both with 200mm bombers and some assorted bikes, 6 in all, 8 if you include the wife's and the kid's bike.

It's a great sport though, if you can switch off your brain, I'm just getting a bit old for it... :character-oldtimer:

Last edited:
Nice shot man, and wonderful intro! Gonna check your future shares around, enjoy the board.

Back